Head of Corporate Strategy
We are a multinational company in Pulp & Paper industry with head office located in Richmond, BC. We are currently looking for the Head of Corporate Strategy.
The Head of Corporate Strategy plays a leadership role in the business, leading the strategy management team in the development of long-range of strategic plans and objectives through the identification of strategic issues and opportunities that could influence business growth and profitability.
The duties of the Head of Corporate Strategy are inclusive of competitor benchmarking, marketing program effectives, industry intelligence, consumer knowledge, and development of strategic initiatives. The Head of Corporate Strategy leads the company in launching high priority strategic initiatives, working directly with the business?s leadership and executives.
The Head of Corporate Strategy leads this business leadership and realizes growth strategies that support continued improvement of the business?s overall performance.
Areas of Responsibility
- Come up with strategies that inform the marketing, financial and channel planning for the business, as well as target setting for weekly/quarterly/annual business plans
- Evaluate and recommend business portfolio frameworks, strategies, financial concepts, practices, programs, processes, and measures to be applied across the business
- Conduct periodic assessments on whether deployed strategies including enabling roadmaps and capabilities are still good or require a pivot based on internal and external events
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations. Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development
Strategic Performance Management
- Engage and support the business in numerous fronts in defining and refining business strategies with a specific focus on designing and implementing new strategic approaches, ideas, and processes that will grow the business and avail measurable results
- Put in place performance measures that will determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies and identify areas for strategic improvement
- Develop clear and concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way
Strategic Risk Management
- Work with the business?s executives and stakeholders in order to evaluate overall performance against targets and make necessary adjustments as is necessary
- Establish KPIs that the business will measure performances against and determine the effectiveness of the implemented strategies
- Drive awareness and insightful analyses of the market and transaction trends as well as identifies and explores any adjacencies to the business in order to ascertain risks and opportunities
- Stay abreast of industry, competitor, and consumer trends that can impact the business
Education / Technical / Experience
- University degree required. MBA preferred but not required
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in Pulp & Paper or related industry experience in a strategy management position
- Experience in:
- Strategic planning in a multinational company at corporate level
- Strategic performance management and reporting
- Conducting research and performing analysis
- Working with senior executives and cross functional teams
- High level of resilience
- Highly organized
- Results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate ability in leading project teams
Thank you for your interest. Only the applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Human Resources & Administration Manager
Director, Enterprise IT
Librarian and Archivist of Canada
Head of Business Operations - Strategic Growth