Packaging Utility Operator
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
Continental Night Shift.
The position is responsible to operate equipment to produce a quality finished product in a safe and efficient manner. The successful candidate is responsible to ensure that all related job functions are carried out safely while maintaining best quality practices.
- Performing procedures to start and maintain the operation of the line and complete safety checklist
- Ability to produce the highest quality product efficiently while following proper shutdown procedures
- Change the dates and material according to the shop order requirements
- Operator the IPC interface and/or on line labelers
- Start up, programming, cleaning and proper shutdown of all printers
- Remove jams as required
- Provide safety check on guarding and stopping mechanisms, communicate and document on check sheets
- Ensure machine is supplied with all appropriate materials needed in accordance to shop orders and replenish when required
- Cross check shop order and materials to prevent errors
- Check and maintain good weight control, change weights and document weight checks
- Complete size change overs as required
- Maintain quality of packaged product in conjunction with acceptable utilization (quantity, quality) in accordance to Q.A. standards
- Perform cleaning procedures and general maintenance, monitor and alert appropriate personnel for required maintenance
- Knowledge of SOPs for machine operation, cleaning
- Must successful complete work instructions for associated work centers and applicable standard operating procedures
- Responsible to report food safety problems and/or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum grade 12, or equivalent and previous manufacturing experience
- Preference given to candidates with post-secondary education
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with trouble shooting and analytical abilities
- Ability to handle the complexity of the completed production line
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of operation of various production and packaging machines
- Must be familiar with all machines sensors, emergency buttons and safety features
- Must be computer literate
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work habits
- Ability of perform heavy lifting duties as required
- Willing to work cooperative in a team environment
- Skills assessments will be required
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Overtime available
- Candidate to report into the Operation Supervisor
- Shift Information: Continental Night Shift 6:00PM to 6:15AM
- Shift Pattern:
- Week 1: Monday, Thursday and Friday
- Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Head Office is located in Mississauga, Ontario, with close access to the QEW, 427 and 403, with manufacturing facilities in Mississauga, Ajax and Fort Worth Texas.
- We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- We offer competitive total rewards including company matched retirement plan, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, life insurance and short term/long term disability).
Quote Job Reference: 967285