Cutting Department Foreperson, Textiles
Canadian Portal Immigration
About us: We design, manufacture, and supply: swimming pool safety, spa & hot tub covers and solar blankets to pool & spa professionals in Canada. The company offers its products through builders, dealers, home hardware retailers and home & garden stores. PSP is dedicated to producing high quality products and creating innovative products for the industry to help pool & spa owners to protect and enjoy a great backyard outdoor living space and their investment.
Company Operating Name: PSP Fabricating Inc.
Business Address: 11 Morrow Road, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 3V7
Position Title: Cutting Department Foreperson, Textiles
Available Positions: Two (2)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent – Full-time
- 40 hours / week
- Mornings, Day, Shift, Weekend, Nights
Wage: $21.42 to $22.92 /Hour
The Cutting Department Foreperson, Textiles will be responsible for a wide range of process and product related activities, as well as for co-ordinating and supervising the activities of the Textile Cutting Department. They will adhere to safety and quality standards in the manufacturing process of all products, as well as keep detailed records of all maintenance and supplies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, Sales, Quality Assurance, and other Departments concerning materials and processes including; equipment specification, design, purchases and manufacture.
- Support the existing products and processes by recommending measure to improve productivity and quality of product.
- Coordinate with R&D to transition new products and processes from R&D development into production.
- Establish, maintain and co-ordinate work schedules of workers, and order materials, equipment and supplies, in order to meet production requirements/schedule.
- Prepare reports on production, and recommendations on ways to improve productivity and product quality.
- Set up all machines and equipment and make sure staff are trained in job duties, safety procedures as well as company policies.
- Follow safe machine operating procedures and the health and safety regulations; ensure they are being followed at all times.
Skill / Experience Requirements:
- Secondary (High) School Required;
- 1-3 years related experience in a Fabrication and manufacturing environment;
- Must have good English Communicating Skills;
- Experience cutting materials to specifications would be preferred;
- Work site Environment: Dusty, Hot and Noisy.
Quote Job Reference: PSPBCDFT2