Life and Health Representative
E-solutions IT Services P Ltd
Life and Health Operations – Senior/Intermediate Life and Health Representative
Department: Life and Health Service Centre
Reports To: Assistant Manager
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
This job requires business knowledge and understanding of the Canadian insurance industry specific to Life and Health policies. The position requires you to answer inbound calls centred on updating, managing, and reporting of policy information to the client or broker. The role requires ability to work alternating shifts as required, Monday to Friday within the operating hours of 9AM -9PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of life and health insurance is an asset
- Proactively and effectively handle a call by call environment focused on life and health policy owners and brokers.
- Ability to respond to email inquiries related to Life and Health policies by both owners and brokers.
- Fully understand and properly apply the terms and condition of a variety of life and health policies
- Obtain all of the required information necessary for updating and handling client and broker requests.
- Accurately analyze and report all information in relation to the terms and conditions of the policy in a timely manner
- The ability, compassion and integrity to work with sensitive and confidential issues
- Excellent time management to deal with constant demands, in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to fully understand the details of your policy and to effectively communicate them with the client or broker.
- Ability to adapt and update ones knowledge and skills in an ever changing environment
- Other duties as assigned or required
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The individual must possess;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal abilities are required to enable effective interaction and communication in both oral and written format with employees, policyholders, employers and other insurance/medical/legal professionals
- Excellent working knowledge of various insurance policies with the ability and willingness to learn multiple systems (CAPSIL, Ingenium, UNUM, Bedrock, etc.)
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to multi task and balance multiple goals and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with customers in a manner that is professional with a high degree of customer service
- Ability to effectively manage change
- Proven skills in conflict resolution
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Completion of High School
- Inbound call centre experience is an asset
- Project and/or process improvement work experience would be an asset
- Read and interpret policies
- Write routine correspondence to policy owners and brokers
- Speak effectively and professionally to clients, external stakeholders and employees of the organization.
Fluency in spoken and written English required; fluency in French a definite asset.
Critical thinking, customer service skills, presentation/facilitation skills, time management, decision-making, interpersonal skills and adaptability/flexibility.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volumes
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Consistent use of office equipment, computers, and phones."
Thanks & Regards,