Senior Mobile Engineer (Android)
SeedsGroup is composed by 2 companies:
TalentSeed, company awarded with Excellence in HR for Startups by the HR Magazine in 2017, is building Talent Management Solutions in areas like Assessment, Engagement, among other, available to all companies in the world
iTSeeds, a technological company, implementing technological solutions, outsourcing or Nearshore operations for clients all over the world
TalentSeed is currently recruiting:
Our client is a data science company turning IOT sensor data into rich insights about people’s behavior and real-time context.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will be working on the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). What we offer you is not a classic app development job but an opportunity that enables you to work deeply with low-level Android.
You will be responsible for:
- The implementation of the Android build of the client's Chinese SDK;
- Bring the Chinese SDK on par with the client's standard SDK despite the limitations of Android functionalities in China;
- Optimize the SDK to work on most of the mainstream Chinese phones;
- Do technical analysis, develop a deep understanding of the low-level Android APIs (scheduler, power management, sensor handling, etc.);
- Write technical documentation as part of the SDK documentation packs;
- Participate in internal brainstorming sessions about SDK features;
- Do regression testing and unit testing, including automated testing;
- Package and deliver demo apps from the test environments to live app store releases;
- Support the team in China on ad-hoc tasks when required.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have demonstrated growth and progression as an Android developer through past projects developing applications;
- You have experience and knowledge of development on the Android SDK and Android devices landscape;
- You know the problems and limitations of Android development in the Chinese ecosystem and ways to solve them;
- You have troubleshooting skills using data to find anomalies and test hypotheses;
- You have the ability to communicate with third-party technical and sales teams effectively, both in English and Mandarin.
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus:
- Any experience with other mobile development platforms (HTML5/Angular/CSS/JS, Tizen);
- Statistical approach of analyzing data.
- Basic knowledge using Kibana and SQL.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: