The Contact Center Associate promotes client products and services by taking in-bound sales and service calls from our customers in a 24x7 environment. They answer customer inquiries about products, stores and general company information. They also solve issues related to placing orders and assist customers with placing orders.
- Answer incoming calls from customers who need assistance placing orders & seeking advice/information or who have service related inquiries.
- Utilize appropriate sales techniques to build good customer relationships and enhance the buying experience for the customer.
- Set appropriate expectations for the customer and exceed customer commitments.
- Follow-up on issues for customers until resolution is reached.
- Record details of contacts received in various systems.
- Provide accurate information to customers regarding the billing, shipping and handling of their order.
- Communicate policies and procedures to the customer in a positive manner.
Knowledge – level of education required, special certifications or licenses
High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills – job specific knowledge and abilities, general business acumen, other required skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and good listening skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Dependable attendance work history.
- Strong sense of urgency to complete work quickly and accurately.
Experience – level or related/unrelated work experience, number of years in prior jobs
- 6 months of contact center experience, preferably in a retail environment.
Competencies – technical or other skills such as position specific software, financial skills, leadership, team building and training
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Computer literate – able to learn and utilize multiple systems.
- Ability to listen, talk and type at the same time – minimum of 30 words typing per minute.