Construction Project Manager
STDCASCO Holdings Inc.
We seek an experienced Construction Project Manager for new building construction projects. The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for providing oversight for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating consultants, general contractors, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget. This position will report to the owner/project director. This position will support all construction projects across the STDCASCO network.
- Develop a high-performance team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring; ensure regular feedback is shared with consultants or service providers.
- Enhancing architect, subcontractor and vendor relations; establish update, and communicate project schedule and manage its implementation.
- Assume the lead role in project management, attend all inspections of the projects on our behalf, and be on site as much as needed and required.
- Represent STDCASCO in all construction activities and direct contracted services professionals throughout the project.
- Based on specific project goals, develop a stakeholder matrix and manage accordingly.
- Liaison with consultants, architecture firms, engineering consultants and general contractors to ensure that phased activities are properly executed.
- Make recommendations for the appropriate delivery method for the projects.
- Defining the appropriate delivery method for the project. (Design/Bid/Build, Design Build, Cost plus with a Guaranteed Maximum, Construction Management or General Contract; etc.).
- Conduct construction meetings with contractor, architect, and major subcontractors.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain detailed project reports.
- Collaborate with contracted services professionals to develop construction documents.
- Establish procedures and practices for managing and coordinating the construction process, including but not limited to the accounting of expenditures, change orders, and waivers.
- Conduct thorough reviews of construction plans and specifications and resolve any discrepancies within plans and/or design drawings.
- Monitor all expenditures to ensure the project stays within budget.
- Account for all contract changes and payments to architect, construction manager, contractors and other miscellaneous costs assignable to the project.
- Produce monthly forecasting summaries.
- Issue progress draws and invoicing including final holdbacks.
- Ensure that “as built” drawings are prepared ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period to and issue final closeouts accordingly.
- Manages the databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
- Generate queries, reports, exports, and any other collection data as needed.
- Interfaces with the finance team to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on all assigned projects.
- Maintain a digital photo library that includes images taken before, during, and after the project.
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed.
- Ensure compliance with all closeout requirements with architects, engineers, contractors and any permitting boards.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Ensures that the contractor and their subcontractors are properly insured and bonded throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, planning, school business management, or a related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in construction management and supervision, architecture, engineering, planning with three (3) years in a high rise apartment building construction, preferred.
- Experience as an owner’s representative, preferred.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Relentless results-orientation.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and Outlook.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
Project based for now but likely to be permanent.
(Subject to incumbent abilities, capacity and overall performance)
This role offers an attractive package depending on experience. This is a career-defining opportunity for an experienced construction professional looking to elevate their career and with a renowned company.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Restoration Project Manager Assistant - Mississauga
Management Training Program