Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Workforce Planning & Recruitment Specialist
Travel Requirements: 30% travel required across Canada, often requiring overnight visits. Requirement to travel to United States on rare occasions.
Reports To: Human Resources Business Partner, Canada
The Workforce Planning & Recruitment Specialist is responsible for strategically partnering with hiring managers to ensure the Company’s current and future staffing needs are met, with a specific emphasis on skilled trades workers. The Workforce Planning & Recruitment Specialist is responsible for talent acquisition, developing a relationship with educational institutions and public organizations, recruitment trending and forecasting duties, and working with hiring managers to recruit talent throughout Canada. This role will also act as a back-up to the Canadian Human Resources Business Partner.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits after 3 months of employment which includes medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability, vision care, and life insurance
- Company RRSP match available after 6 months of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extensive training and long-term career opportunities
- Works with General Managers to determine appropriate staffing levels and forecast short-term and long-term needs
- Partners with outside organizations and educational institutions for talent acquisition initiatives, with a specific emphasis on targeting skilled trades workers
- Participates in career fairs, networking events, and other external activities to attract and recruit talent
- Performs full-cycle recruitment initiatives including: determining staffing needs with the hiring managers, posting vacancies internally and externally, screening applicants, conducting phone interviews for certain positions, and acting as a liaison between the candidates and hiring managers to arrange in-person interviews
- Moves candidates through the workflow in the Applicant Tracking System
- Working in conjunction with Management, assists in developing strategies to reduce turn-over and increase employee engagement
- Working in conjunction with Management, assists in analyzing compensation and total rewards information internally and within the marketplace for planning and retention purposes
- Develops presentations and reports which analyze workforce planning and recruitment data
- Acts as a back-up to the Canadian Human Resources Business Partner
- Conducts administrative functions as assigned and/or required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CHRP Designation a definite asset
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in workforce planning and recruitment is required
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Extensive experience with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources/recruitment practices and legislation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
All employees must be able to pass our background check criteria, including a Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract Check.
Join the team of Experts and realize your full potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Talent Acquisition & Employee Retention Specialist ( Contract )
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter
Strategic Recruitment and Retention Program Specialist