GTA Photography Classes
Are you passionate about video production and arts education, and looking for a job that will help you gain valuable experience working with youth, and teaching in the industry?
GTA Photography Classes is the largest photography specialty camp in Canada and continues to grow with locations in Ottawa, Toronto & Chicago.
We are currently looking for talented and energetic individuals with videography expertise and a passion for sharing this knowledge with others!
- Teach video principles to teens (ages 13 - 18).
- Supervise campers and ensure their safety at all times both in-class and on field trips.
- Work together with teen camp counsellors and GTA PC staff to provide a fun and interactive environment for all campers, such as leading icebreaker games and team building activities.
- Utilize GTA PC provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun and rewarding experience for all of our campers.
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise.
- Photograph candids and head shots of campers.
- Oversee one or more camp counsellors who will assist with project management, daily administrative duties and supervision on daily field trips.
- Candidates should hold or be working towards a Film / Video Degree / Diploma.
- Demonstrated expertise in video production and editing (professional experience preferred).
- Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be outgoing and energetic individuals who love and appreciate the camp experience as well as teaching photography.
- Cover letter, resume and three references.
- Portfolio of your work (website or traditional portfolio).
- All instructors must be available for the mandatory training seminars scheduled in June.
- Criminal background check (must provide a copy once hired).
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification (current at the start and for the duration of the camps; must provide a copy of certification once hired).
- Applicants must be available for the entire summer (June through August).
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.