Indian Music Teacher (Hindustani Music Teacher)
Saraswati Music Academy
Saraswati Music Academy Ltd, a music institution, looking for a talented Indian Music Teacher.
No. of vacancies: 1
Location of work: Room No. 3, Office 207-12837 76Ave, Surrey BC V3W2V3
Term of position: Full-time, permanent with 30-40 hours per week
Salary: $27.00 / hour. Overtime at the rate of $40.50/hour after 40 hours per week.
Benefits: 4% vacation pay
Languages: English, Hindi/Punjabi
- Musical training from a university or college or through private instruction.
- Specialization in Indian (Hindustani) classical music
- Knowledge and Experience playing with various music instrument including guitar, harmonium, keyboard, tabla/drum/dholok, Mandolin.
- Knowledgeable about Indian music theories in both classical and semi-classical music.
- You will be required to demonstrate the musical talent and ability to teach from beginner to advance level of Hindustani music.
- A great team player, able to provide versatile vocal and instrumental training of Indian music to students of all ages and background.
- Technical knowledge of music compilation, composition and as well as knowledge of music recording will be an asset.
- Plan and prepare curriculum (music lessons for Vocal and Instrument) for each level of student group (Beginner, Intermediate and Advance level) per term.
- Teach Indian music including music theory, vocal techniques, aural skills and Instrumental techniques and interpretation.
Prepare, administer end-of-term exams and assess the ability of the students.
- Evaluate progress, determine student training needs and understand the potentials and skills of the students and discuss results with parents and school management and provide feedback.
- Participate in organizing and implementing the special music events of the academy locally.
- Prepare students for national and international level competitive exams and be able to perform classical/semi-classical vocal and instrumental music at public concerts.
- Assist in music recording of student’s performance.
Quote Job Reference: 6047797970