Senior Android Engineer
Maplebear Canada Inc. D/B/A Instacart
504 Wellington Street W
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1E3
Wage: $200,000-$220,000 (37.5 hours per week) - permanent/full-time
Location: 504 Wellington Street West, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1E3
Number of Positions: 2
Required Language Skills: English (written and spoken)
Who we are:
Instacart is a U.S. company founded in 2012 that offers same-day, on-demand grocery delivery services with its technology platform. Customers use the Instacart website or application to select groceries from select retail stores, and Instacart connects them with personal shoppers who pick and deliver the groceries. Instacart currently services 220 markets across North America.
- Identifying core functionality and user requirements based on data metrics, customer feedback, and market trends and creating algorithms to optimize our customer facing application;
- Developing pragmatic solutions to improve bug-fixing efficiency and quickly address technical issues to ensure our software continues to function normally throughout maintenance and testing;
- Designing each aspect of our shopper application using complex programming languages and Android technologies to allow for continued scalability as our customer base continues to expand;
- Championing Android development by educating colleagues about its subtleties and unique capabilities and collaborating with other engineers to create optimum software protocols;
- Collaborating with product managers and stakeholders to determine technical requirements outside of the functions of the software, such as security, performance, and business needs, and incorporating feedback into technical designs and software upgrades;
- Carrying out testing protocols and monitoring performance throughout the launch of new features and systems updates, and preparing reports and escalating high-level issues of functionality as necessary; and
- Travel to Instacart’s headquarters in San Francisco as needed.
- At least three (3) years of experience with Android app development.
- At least five (5) years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Java and with Android SDK and general programming and algorithm skills.
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience with developing pragmatic solutions to evaluate technical performance.
- Strong analytical interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly creative, superior communications skills, including verbal, written and presentation working both internally and externally.
- Experience working remotely or with a distributed team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Life Insurance
- Family Health,Dental and Vision
- Take-What-You-Need Vacation Policy
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Compassion Care and Family Care Leave
Sr. Mobile API Software Developer
Android Engineer – Junior & Senior