Associate Store Manager
Drew & Jen's nofrills
Saint John, NB
Responsibilities of the position:
The basic function of the Associate Manager position is to directly manage the productivity of all store staff on behalf of the owner/manager to ensure the store is effectively merchandised to maximize sales/profitability. The Associate Manager shares responsibility for labour cost and other key financial measures. The Associate Manager assumes overall responsibility for operational effectiveness of the store in absence of the owner/manager.
This role must:
- Promote and ensure a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Train and motivate staff.
- To provide a positive working environment, coach, advise and listen to employee problems/issues. Prepare, post and change work schedule to schedule staff appropriately to meet the business needs.
- Delegate and prioritize workload for staff.
- Effectively merchandise advertising and promotional programs to maximize Corporate brand advantage.
- Maintain up to date information about market trends and competitor activities.
- Coordinate the receiving, handling and storing of product to achieve optimal results.
- Maintain Category sets, mixing for profit as required.
- Utilizing shipment reports, exclusivity reports and Head Office flash reports, ensure overall store profitability.
- Deal with Sales representatives to negotiate credits, display merchandising and order levels.
- Provide accurate, effective purchasing/ordering for store specifically for Cutter/UPP bookings and seasonal bookings.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels through effective ordering and rotation.
- Ensure pricing integrity.
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure courteous friendly service, competitively priced products, and a store that meets and maintains the hygiene standards specified.
- Demonstrated understanding of critical success factors for the nofrills concept as a discount food store focusing on low price image.
- Demonstrated understanding of an Associate Manager's impact on store performance in the areas of:
- Customer service
- Food Safety
- Employee relations
- Health & Safety
- Labour Management
- Inventory Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated Customer focus
- Ability to:
- Manage people
- Work with minimal functional direction
- Solid knowledge of all aspect of the produce area, operations and products.
- Strong understanding of store systems and computer applications used in-store.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Lids Store Manager - Canada
Retail Store Manager
Store Manager - Montreal
Retail Manager - Services