Canadian Portal Immigration
On The Move is a catering and event company located in Mississauga providing corporate, wedding, daily catering and social event services. We are looking to hire two (2) Restaurant Managers!
The Restaurant Manager is an energetic, responsible and dependable individual who has a desire to work in a result driven environment. You are a dynamic leader who manages through firm yet fair business practices. You will be responsible to meet with clients to promote and discuss food and beverage offerings for events. You will coordinate, direct and administer all of the phases related to the smooth and profitable operation for all catering.
Operating Name: On The Move Catering Inc.
Business Address: 6 – 5200 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 1E4
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent –Full-time
- 40 hours / week
- Early Mornings, Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Flexible work schedule
When applying please use Reference# OTMRM2
This position will challenge your leadership values, commitment to service excellence in hospitality management, accountability for daily operational processes and attention for detail, all while achieving good quality within a budget and maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction. Creating a positive and energetic work environment and making sure that all outlets perform well, with the importance of creating a strong relationship with the Owner/Operators. This position reports directly to Lino Dicecca.
- Responsible for running the day-to-day catering operations and services, this includes leading the teams of chefs and catering assistants, monitoring the quality of products and services provided.
- Must be able to supervise 5 – 23 staff at any given time.
- Plan work schedules for all day-to-day catering needs and special events
- Planning and/or negotiate arrangements with clients for catering menus for banquets, receptions or events.
- Planning and consultation with chefs catering requirements/menus
- Must be able to hire, train, supervise and motivate permanent and temporary staff in all aspects of the day-to-day catering operations and services.
- Monitoring supply inventory, ordering supplies, and modify procedures and prices when needed.
- Managing in store deliveries are received and accounted for in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Cost control through inventory and monitoring staff to ensure limited waste product.
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and achieved.
- Working closely with the owner/operator of the store and other managers to promote a team environment enabling the team to provide outstanding customer service and an excellent product and overall experience for each customer.
- Travel may be required as part of the working day, such locations will be media industry or event catering (i.e. conferences, weddings and/or sport events).
- Addressing complaints from customers and staff and resolving problems.
- A combination of relevant education and experience in a relevant type of work is appropriate. A college or university diploma in restaurant management and 1 year of relevant hands on working experience in a similar working environment or 2-3 years of relevant working experience in a relevant working environment.
- Several years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience is required.
- Communicate very well in English, including excellent interpersonal skills.
- You must have strong organizational, decision making and time management skills, with the ability to manage a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services. With the ability to think quickly in stressful circumstances and stay calm in a crisis.
- You must have strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers, staff and owners.
- Fast passed working environment can be very hot at times, and there may also be some heavy lifting due to deliveries and set ups at the catering location.
Quote Job Reference: OTMRM2
Basil Box Bathurst&College Restaurant Opening -- FT/PT Job Hiring
Human Resources Manager