Senior Java Developer, NLP/R&D
Exiger is seeking a highly motivated and energetic person who is looking to meet the challenges and reap the rewards of developing an innovative technology product. The ideal candidate should have significant Java natural language processing (NLP) experience. The Senior Java Developer, NLP/R&D is responsible for working with a strong development team to create world-class software for world-class clients. As part of the Cognitive Computing team, your work will focus on ensuring that the DDIQ software platform meets the specific needs of global-scale companies.
- Designing and developing high-quality software using Java and related frameworks
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a creative and fast-paced environment
- Learn and apply new technologies, NLP/AI solutions and frameworks
- Contributing in NLP/AI algorithms and solutions for challenging RegTech/FinTech problems
Knowledge & Skills
- Practical experience of design patterns, object oriented and test-centric development
- Interest in doing NLP in non-English languages
- Interest in big-data oriented problem solving, search and information retrieval, and information extraction
- Knowledge of or interest in learning new technologies such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, deeplearning4j, NoSql DBs etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of fundamental NLP concepts. Familiarity with NLP libraries such as CoreNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, etc. is a big plus.
Professional Experience Required
- 5+ years of industrial software development experience with Java and related frameworks in agile settings
- A bachelor's or a graduate degree in Computer Science with exposure to Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning principles
- Practical experience of developing NLP and text processing solutions
You’ll be joining a distributed team of experienced software professionals with a wide range of specialties and interests. We make use of big data and natural language processing technologies as well as dealing with day-to-day application development and scaling issues. We utilize agile methodologies, iterate quickly to find solutions, and work together to ensure that the system evolves in a maintainable and performant fashion.
We’re committed to ensuring a strong work/life balance for our staff and offer a casual office environment with an open work space focused on learning. We encourage our development staff to tailor their development environment and hardware to meet their own preferences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: