Automation Technologist/Mechanical Engineering Technician
Progress Machine Ltd.
We are a leading firm dedicated to quality machining in different sectors. We excel in aggregate equipment and cone crusher repair, heavy machining for mining, CNC fabrication and equipment for veneer production. Established in 1999, we have been active in fabrication of small CNC mill, used CNC machines and equipment for veneer products.
This position requires a hardworking, honest and reliable individual with excellent troubleshooting skills and experience in machine automation maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the facility’s manufacturing equipment. It is essential that the incumbent is confident working under pressure and has strong computer skills.
- Conduct tests and analyses of machines, components and materials to determine their performance, strength, response to stress and other characteristics
- Identify technical problem and recommend a solution
- Troubleshoot electrical issues and mechanical problems on CNC machines
- Repair CNC machines and test for proper operation
- Assist in preparing conventional and CAD engineering designs, drawings, and specifications
- Technical Degree or Diploma (mechanical, electrical etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, process schematics and technical manuals
- Detail oriented, able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, experience with CAD
- English language skills
- Experience in the Metal Industry
- Experience in an Industrial environment
- Experience with CNC servos and controls
Full time, Permanent position
Salary: $30/hour, 40 hour work week
Location of work:
6194 Old Kamloops Rd., Vernon, BC, V1H 1P8, Canada