Apparel Graphic Designer
Legacy Bowes Group
Our client, is looking for a business oriented Apparel Graphic Designer to develop artwork for the Men’s, Women’s programs.
With an enviable reputation for continued growth, quality products, innovation, and worldwide distribution, they are currently expanding their operations and increasing their international reach.
Discover what it feels like to be part of a growing, reputable company. If you want to make a difference and help to grow the team and expand the business, we want to hear from you!
- Research new trends in graphics and textile prints each season.
- Learn and work from the pre-season calendar, manage time and deadlines effectively and successfully.
- Work with the Design team to create the seasonal graphic strategy.
- Create placement graphics that can be applied to apparel and accessories.
- Create and maintain print and graphic records so they are up-to-date and executable.
- Develop, choose and apply on garments elements such as, trims, notions and decorative graphics.
- Assist Designers to create and develop programs by creating CAD illustrations of the garments and developing print concepts by transforming Designer’s ideas to black & White CAD sketches and adding colours, trims and notions and create line sheets.
- Develop internal and external presentations (look, imagery, information and visual merchandising).
- Work with customers to get their approval for the concepts and presentations.
- Work with suppliers to approve proof and quality.
- Check Artwork submissions for suppliers and make relevant comments for corrections.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- 5-7+ total years of experience, 3-5 within a corporate in-house environment.
- Experience in the garment industry.
- Flair for fashion and able to make prints and repeats for approval.
- Excellent troubleshooting, streamlining & problem solving skills while following/adapting to company’s aesthetic direction.
- Keen eye for detail and clean sophisticated layouts while understanding the psychology of user interface.
- Familiar with and can adapt with changing trends while working with various stakeholders.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with good organization skills in order to adhere to timelines.
Quote Job Reference: #173412