Developmental Service Workers - DSW, SSW, CYW
Community Living Mississauga
We provide a number of different supports for people who have an intellectual disability, including residential, respite, employment resources, community engagement, supported independent living and day programs.
Description of Position:
The Developmental Services Worker (Part Time) employee provides direct support to individuals who have an intellectual disability to ensure their quality of life is meaningfully improved in the community. A Support Assistant is responsible for individualized support of one or more individuals. Support may include assistance with daily activities (including personal hygiene and meal preparation) and community involvement.
These are part time opportunities with a set schedule. Available shifts include, Monday through Sunday, days, evenings, or weekends.
Description of Duties:
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for the individuals supported.
- Provide direct and indirect support to individuals as required by personal support plans.
- Support individuals to identify, work towards and achieve their goals/personal outcomes.
- Encourage self-expression of individuals supported and remains knowledgeable of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families.
- Complete all required electronic documentation accurately and within set time frames.
- Apply techniques and understand concepts related to non-violent crisis intervention (CPI).
- Enrolled and actively pursuing Developmental Services Worker diploma or equivalent
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2), access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Valid First Aid with CPR certificate
- Enrolled and actively pursuing Social Services Worker diploma, Child and Youth Care diploma, or a university degree in a related discipline; and experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability; OR
- Successful completion of a university degree in an unrelated discipline and a minimum one year’s experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability
- Fluent in French
We provide competitive compensation, robust training programs and opportunities for career development.
While we thank everyone for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We recognize that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Developmental Services Worker
Part Time Developmental Service Workers - DSW, SSW, CYW
Day Treatment Relief Worker
Educational Assistant - 2018/2019