3D Artist (Environment)
Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a 3D Environmental Artist. This role will collaborate with the Art Director and Lead Artist to help create jaw-dropping scenes and prop assets that maintain a coherent vision of the game’s look and feel.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in many areas of game production such as modeling and texturing, as well as displaying an excellent working knowledge of the industry’s popular asset creation tools.
- 3D modeling assets including but not limited to creation of terrain, environments, props and the reproduction of real world items
- Able to work closely with the studios art director and lead artist to maintain a coherent vision of the games look and feel
- Passion for the creation of visually stunning 3D environments and props whether Realistic or stylized
- Able to take his or her tasks all the way from concept to block out to grey box to final asset
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues.
- Participate in the constant improvement of asset production methods and techniques.
- Help to establish benchmark and prototype levels
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience creating 3D game environments and props.
- Excellent knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent package
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Highly proficient in 3D modeling making use of both high and low poly techniques
- Great knowledge of unwrapping and how to maximize the use of uv space
- Strong technical Knowledge of scene Lighting and environment optimization
- Proven ability to create both stylized and realistic textures (Diffuse Spec and Bump)
- A great eye for composition and detail.
- Zbrush experience in creating high definition Assets advantageous
- Substance Designer/ Painter experience advantageous
- Knowledge of PBR work flow advantageous
- Traditional art background advantageous
- Experience working within the unity game engine or equivalent package desirable
- Mobile development advantageous
- Experience as a character artist Desirable
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary scale
- Matching RRSP
- Share Options
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas holidays
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
- Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
- And an international and diverse team
- Affordable Gym membership and an in-studio gym
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is a founding City full of forts, historic building and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three University’s, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City on the boardwalk. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday Afternoon off.
3D Concept Artist - AAA Gaming
3D Texturing Artist