Technical Specialist, IT Support Services
Mountain Creek Technologies Ltd.
Year Round, Full-Time
Number of Positions Open
Start Date of Employment
As soon as possible
September 5, 2018
Job Status: FT year round
Start Date: As soon as possible
This is an entry level position:
Come join one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Beautiful Rocky Mountain Region of British Columbia. We support some of the largest resorts in our region. This gives the right applicant the option to both work and play in an area known for its world-famous golf and skiing.
Scope of Duties: Under the direction of the IT Support Manager, performs skilled work in the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, network systems, and other related equipment. Can work alone or with a team that acts as the primary escalation point to resolve difficult problems and provide solutions involving new and existing technologies. Utilize excellent customer service skills to provide technical assistance to end-users, Business Analysts, Support Services staff and outside vendors in related areas. Provides administration and technical support to ensure that production servers, PCs, notebooks, point-of-sale systems, operating systems, applications, network infrastructure, and systems management components are functioning properly.
Responsible for systems administration primarily in a Microsoft Windows Server environment, with some basic Linux/Unix and Mac usage, including but not limited to system design, implementation and administration of Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, IIS, ISA, file, print, data backup and application servers.
This position will apply hardware and systems engineering experience to design and implement uniquely optimized server solutions for our business. You will analyze and document current infrastructure and devise strategies for monitoring server performance characteristics. Document processes and procedures for server management and administration. Utilizes a variety of electronic test equipment to troubleshoot, adjust and calibrate equipment in accordance with specifications. Investigate, test, and recommend the purchase of a variety of equipment. Accurately estimate labor and materials costs; maintain complex records and be able to prepare complete and concise reports; understand and carry out oral and written directions; work under pressure and deadlines and prioritize support requests to minimize user downtime; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements: This position is an exempt position that requires scheduling that includes weekends, holidays with flexible hours of operation. The published normal hours of operation are from 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position also requires the ability and willingness to be on-call 24x7 in an on-call rotation. Variations from the normal work hours may be scheduled by the IT Support Manager. Occasionally, late night shifts will be required to perform maintenance and upgrades on critical systems during hours of low utilization.
Due to recurring support demands during peak operating hours, the Technical Support Specialist must be able to walk, and drive to all Mountain Creek Technology Customer locations requiring support. Must be able to carry computers and associated equipment. Possess fine motor skills to work with small wires and parts. Must be able to work outside in a high altitude alpine environment. Must be able to manage multiple, high priority tasks. Must be able to function in a stressful, fast paced, dynamic environment that can be caused by maintaining critical business systems that are required to be 100% operational.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related studies, equivalent work experience may be considered. Preference will be given to applicants with at least 2 –4 years of experience, preferably in a Resort Technical Service related role.
- Current MCSE/MCSA/MCTS certification, A+, Network+, CCNA preferred.
- Must have some experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computers, network systems, and related equipment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the implementation and maintenance of Microsoft operating systems and their layered applications including Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Unix/Linux, Windows XP Pro/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8, Microsoft Office, SQL server or equivalent enterprise database, Internet Information Server, Exchange Server, Internet Security & Acceleration Server.
- Prefer experience in an e-commerce environment with interoperability between IIS and SQL server.
- Skills in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting server-class hardware, preferably Dell.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise-wide backup and recovery systems and procedures, preferably Backup Exec and Dell PowerVault.
- Experience with Internet and Intranet information services including e-mail, HTTP, FTP, and web browsers.
- Experience with network security concepts and services including hardware and software firewalls, operating system security updates, and enterprise anti-virus solutions.
- Must have in depth understanding of LAN and WAN technologies including Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and wireless data communications.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and must have own transportation.
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada and legally capable of working in Canada.
IT Help Desk Specialist
Client Lifecycle Specialist