Denny’s has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, and opportunities to grow.
The Cook prepares and presents food following the company menu, food specifications, and timing standards. They adhere to all federal, provincial, and local food handling regulations.
Reports to the General Manager or Restaurant Manager and primarily interacts with BOH staff.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Presents food to servers in a timely manner while maintaining a very high quality product for the customer.
- Maintains product storage in a safe and efficient manner for use (by shelf dates).
- Maintains food safety and follows food safe procedures.
- Observes and complies to high sanitation and safety standards.
- Adheres to recipes, portion sizes, and plate presentation to meet the Brand Standards.
- Stocks foods in fridges and freezers and cleans kitchen storage areas.
This role is based in a fast-paced family dining restaurant environment. Shifts may be scheduled on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be able to:
- Lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs
- Read tickets, recipes and product specifications, and observe wares for cleanliness
- Observe chemical labels and assure cleanliness
- Stand and walk duration of a 4 or 8 hour shift
- Work with all Denny’s menu products
- Work with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Some cooking experience required
- Must have organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must maintain high performance during peak volume periods
- Must have verbal and written proficiency in the English language
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
About Our Location:
117 Bowridge Drive NW, Calgary
Hiring for Full time & part time Positions for Cook for all the shift. Must be available Min. 3 Days a week.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Prep Cook/Line Cook
Line Cook/Chef de Partie
Weekday Daytime Line Cook