Business/Work Address: 25 Production Road, Brampton, Ontario, L6T 4N8
Nature of Employment: Permanent Full-time, Shift and Flexible Hours, Evening and Weekend Availability Required
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: 26.35 per hour
Benefits: 10 Vacation Days, Disability, Dental and Extended Medical Insurance is offered.
Responsible for supervising and reviewing the activities of workers who coordinate company shipments and interact with customers. The right candidate will use excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to ensure operations proceed smoothly while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor work flow of dispatchers and other employees to ensure that the operations are running efficiently;
- Ensure workers’ performance meet the operational standard and indices;
- Assign work to staff, including dispatchers, as required;
- Ensure communication of accurate information to drivers such as work assignments, load information and shipment schedules;
- Train and supervise workers in duties and responsibilities as well as in safety procedures as per company policy;
- Co-ordinate with other departments;
- Review trip records for the purposes of calculating payroll;
- Organize alerts and shipment details for clients and agents;
- Resolve work issues for drivers and customers;
- Prepare regular reports and communicate with management;
- Maintain equipment flow at all customer locations;
- Monitor the condition of company equipment, including computer systems, machinery and transportation trailers.
Minimum Skills Requirements
- Completion of Secondary School is required;
- Completion of college is an asset but not required;
- 2 years of experience in a position related to dispatching commercial vehicles;
- 1 year of supervisory experience is required;
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be responsible, a team player and have good time management skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required;
- Experience with TransPlus Fleet Manager;
- Familiarity with industry-wide Load Boards, common customer portals, and understanding the load procurement process;
- Experience in collection or transportation industry is an asset.
Operations Supervisor / Lead Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Day Shift)