AM/PM Service® is an award winning Point of Sale (POS) company with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We are one of North America’s largest independent POS Solution providers. Our passion to make a difference has only grown over the years. We care to create a complexity free environment for every vertical we serve with our dedicated 24/7 customer support and customizable solutions.
As serious as we take our business, we strive to make our workplace just as fun. This is because we value what it means to have an immensely talented, driven and smart team.
What We Offer
- A fun, supportive and professional work environment
- Staff events: Summer BBQs, Christmas brunch with Santa, Golf events, Hockey Pool, etc.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities to grow
- Travel opportunities around North America
- And more
We are currently looking for a full-time Assistant Controller to join our accounting team, starting immediately.
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller supports the creation of accurate and timely financial statements including review and preparation of accounting transactions, journal entry processing and account reconciliations. This position will be responsible for reviewing practices within the Accounting department to simplify and better streamline AM/PM Service financial reporting and internal controls.
- Oversee and support day to day operational accounting and financial reporting (including AP, AR, payroll, and filling) for group of companies in both United States and Canada
- Assist in the set-up of a new accounting system
- Monitor and prepare accounts reconciliations including intercompany reconciliations, and maintain general ledger balances
- Monitor and review records of assets, liabilities, inventory, foreign exchange entries, and other complicated financial transactions
- Review and approve disbursements
- Process approved credit requests and refunds
- Prepare year-end working papers, analyze financial data and interpret discrepancies
- Manage EFT/ACH, and funds transfers
- Reconcile company credit card statements
- Administrator, file, and remit sales taxes
- Administrator environmental handling fees and fleet insurances
- Maintain lease agreements and handle office lease payments
- Assist with purchases and disposal of vehicles, and assist with corporate insurance
- Assist with special projects or new product line
- Document and maintain SOPs
- Review and improve existing accounting processes
- Develop, implement, and document accounting procedures to streamline workflows and strengthen internal controls
- Train and mentor accounting staff
- Advise managers and staff on accounting policies, procedures, and regulation updates and changes.
- Liaise with internal departments and external organizations for various business needs
- Cover accounting staff when needed
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- CPA designation or nearing completion of the designation with a minimum of 6-8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of United States GAAP, income tax, and payroll is an asset
- PCP and/or CPM designation would be considered an asset
- Advance Excel skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated and solution-focused thinker
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and cultivate relationships
- Excellent accounting technical skills
- Comfortable working in a changing environment, with tight and moving deadlines and minimal supervision
- Willingness to take initiative and learn
- Supervisory experience is preferred
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check prior to commencing work.
LMIA (LMO) or AINP sponsorship is not available for this position.
Assistant Controller...Life After Public Practice