Our datacentre team maintains rock solid infrastructure and provides top notch support to our clients. We are looking to add a dynamic team player to our team in the Datacentre.
A typical work day involves providing technical support, performing system and network installation, troubleshooting and maintaining the datacentre operations at optimum performance.
We appreciate talents! We offer our employees flexible work environment, great benefits, and opportunities for development.
A talented Datacentre Technician should be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining Data Centre infrastructure.
- Rack/Stack datacenter equipment and Enclosures/Servers/Networking equipment.
- Running and terminating cables and documenting data cabling (CAT5/6, SMF).
- Decommissioning and removing/relocating data equipment.
- Checking connectivity and basic server issues.
- Troubleshooting hardware failure and software issues.
- Monitoring all datacenter resources (network, power, cooling, and space) and checking the status of the datacentre from the NOC.
- Communicating with customers and vendors and providing support.
- Providing remote hands for clients; card swaps, cable moves, reboots, etc.
- Documenting processes, customer information and infrastructure layout.
- Performing Shipping/Receiving functions.
- Updating Asset Management Tool.
Important Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Extensive experience in cabling and installing servers.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Datacentre experience is preferred.
- Intermediate experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of basic networking and TCP/IP concepts.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts.
- Work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Work 40 hours a week with a minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and graveyard shifts.
- Sitting for extended period of time.
- Lifting and transporting of hardware computers and peripherals.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Employment type: full-time
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: