We are a Canadian healthcare consulting network comprising of more than 120 medical students, residents, and attending physicians who practice in various specialties across Canada and the United States. We started out as a company in 2009 to provide high quality consulting services that would enable aspiring healthcare professionals gain admission into the programs of their choice. We have since evolved to comprise 4 distinct divisions (Pre-med, Med, Physicians, and Healthcare Organizations) that provide a range of consulting services. Our company is led by 3 practicing physician partners who graduated from the University of Toronto.
We are seeking a part-time Operations Manager to join our Pre-med and Med divisions based in Toronto and take an active role in spearheading client and consultant management initiatives. We are seeking candidates who can work autonomously and who have a strong work ethic.
This role will be responsible for day to day marketing, sales, client, and consultant management initiatives. A large proportion of your daily responsibilities will include fulfilling administrative duties and addressing client inquiries to complete sales. Depending on your ability to learn on the job, this role could evolve into a full-time position with an additional emphasis on marketing and business strategy.
Will involve working closely with and reporting to all 3 founding partners on a weekly basis, as well as interacting with our part-time Director of Business Development and various stakeholders such as consultants, clients, and partner organizations.
A more detailed Job Description is as follows:
1. Client Engagement
- Work towards meeting monthly sales targets and revenue numbers
- Monitor and adjust client outreach and marketing strategies to meet sales targets
- Generate new sales leads by seeking clients on pre-medical forums online
- Generate new sales leads by promoting our events and seminars to partners on university campuses and in high schools
- Maintain an up-to-date Inquiry database
b) Communication with clients
- Drive sales by directly communicating with clients via email, telephone, and in person
- Educate clients on our products in a manner consistent with company values
- Implement programs, promotions and advertising under supervision of the partners
- Recruit and train “Campus Ambassadors” in line with our marketing strategy
- Maintain the company website in conjunction with our website developer
- Maintain the company’s Facebook/Twitter/other social media presence in line with our social media strategy
- Execute the company’s digital marketing strategy with support from our website developer
- Solicit feedback from clients who have completed their sessions including asking for consultant reviews and testimonials that can be featured on our website
- Maintain an up-to-date Social media content calendar
- Maintain an up-to-date Digital marketing calendar
- Maintain an up-to-date Events calendar
2. Business Management
a) Business Operations
- Maintain an up-to-date Partnerships database on Hubspot, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Maintain an up-to-date Marketing and Special Projects Expense tracker
- Assist partners with building new (and maintaining existing) relationships with local and international partners to drive sales and marketing efforts
- Maintain strong brand and product knowledge of competitors in the Pre-med business
b) Business Tactics
- Maintain and track company Performance metrics bi-weekly
- Maintain the company’s accounts on QuickBooks and reconcile the company’s accounts with our accountant every 3 months.
- Using the company’s 52-week calendar and weekly Partner priorities, create and update a Task List on weekly basis to plan for the weeks ahead
c) Communication with team
- Maintain accountability by logging hours worked on an up to date Task List weekly
- Establish communications and presence with all 3 Partners and the Director of Business Development via WhatsApp, email, telephone, and/or in person meetings on a regular basis
3. Consultant Management
a) Human Resources
- Assist with conducting an annual review of all our consultants as well as of existing hiring and consultant retention policies
- Anticipate hiring needs according to client demand, establish recruitment targets, and recruit new consultants as required
- Manage consultant concerns and facilitate timely payments to consultants for work completed
- Maintain an up-to-date Consultant database on Hubspot
- Execute pre-existing programs to attract new and retain old consultants
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A College or Undergraduate degree in any discipline
- 1-3 years of work or co-op experience in an administrative role in a start-up environment, in project management, or business administration
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with urgency to accomplish day-to-day responsibilities
- Self-discipline and the ability to regularly report to partners on progress of weekly responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google analytics tools, CRM software, and email marketing tools
This is a part-time position which will require at least 20 hours per week. Depending on your ability to successfully juggle administrative duties and complete special projects on budget and on time, there is potential for additional hours of work to be completed as well as for conversion into a full-time role at 35 hours/week. The ability to work occasionally outside standard business hours is expected, as some event executions or meetings occur in the evenings and or on weekends.
The Operations Manager will function as an independent contractor who will bill MD Consultants for hours completed. Hourly billing rate will be between $20-30/hr and set commensurate with candidate experience and ability to grow into the role. Compensation and hours will be further discussed with successful candidates invited for an interview.
Estimated start date is Monday August 13, 2018, with several part-time days of paid training to be scheduled flexibly between Aug 1 and 10, 2018 prior to starting in the role.
Contracts & Procurement Manager
PR Account Director
Operations Manager - Equipment Processing Area