The Pod Group Inc
Our client is a growing, community-based social service agency in the not-for-profit sector, mandated to develop and operate residential and outreach programs for homeless youth aged 16 to 21 in the Peel Region. We are currently recruiting for an Accountant to join their team.
This exciting agency requires a versatile, hands-on and practical professional that is creative and diligent in performing all accounting and financial functions. This person will lead daily financial administration, budgeting, monthly close, funder and grant reports, combined with the following:.
- Participates in annual agency budget preparation and the financial aspects of grant writing
- Prepares financial reports– including regular monthly financials; Prepare, review and analyze financial statements and financial data
- Completes monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Experience with financial management, including budgeting, fundraising and reporting
- Performs day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using Sage, producing reports as requested.
- Prepare annual audit including year-end accounting journal entries, year-end account reconciliations and all auditor requested working papers
- Ensure the reconciliation of monthly activity (i.e.: petty cash), generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements
- Conduct Annual Pay Equity Reconciliation
- Monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions
- Maintain working papers on deferred revenue, accruals, prepaids, and capital asset continuity
- Primary staff support to Finance Committee, preparing agenda, minutes and reporting package
- Perform payroll and benefits administration with support from HR.
- Oversight and review of HST and EHT drafts
- Banking and accounting requirements, deposits, payments of expenses and producing cheques
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, etc. (graduate level preferred)
- Accounting Experience with non-profits and/or charities, including various funders.
- At least 5 years work experience in financial management, preferably from the non-profit sector
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 accounting system and Payweb payroll service is an asset.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Awareness of accounting and business trends
- Experience developing fundraising strategies, grant applications and project proposals that provide core program/organization support is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Highly organized, analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast pace, community environment
Our client provides excellent benefits and a great working environment that is focused on supporting youth and families.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Jr. Accountant / Accountant
Data Entry/Accounting Administrator
Accountant - 3-5 Week Contract