Director, Membership Information Services/IT
Saskatchewan Government and General Employees' Uni
A member of the senior management team, this out of scope position reports to the Director of Human Resources or designate and provides leadership, guidance, mentoring and management for the Membership Information Services, IT and Communication teams in the Regina office. The Director of Membership Information Services/IT (DMS) plans, develops and ensures delivery of programs and functions that result in the timely, responsive, accurate and efficient delivery of information services to members and technology services to SGEU staff. The Regina based DMS is responsible for the membership database (UnionWare) program administration, including managing support services and liaison with UnionWare Inc., as well as the education and training of the staff and membership on this program.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce/ B. Admin /or; a minimum of eight to ten years equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Five to eight years of experience as a business analyst with CBAP accreditation;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation;
- Eight to ten years of management experience including all aspects of staff supervision;
- Experience working with committees and groups on various projects;
- Experience and knowledge/understanding of union/labour environments;
- Demonstrated expert experience using relational Databases, creating database objects and utilizing database management systems and tools;
- Experience in developing and determining educational needs and programs.
- Effectively provides leadership, mentoring, coaching and advisory services;
- Excels in leading and participating in team settings;
- Requires excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to present and explain information and complex data to individuals and groups while dealing effectively with a wide variety of union staff and members;
- Seeks solutions and effectively solves problems while using sound judgement;
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable results;
- Takes initiative in improving service, processes, programs and products;
- Responds to requests in a conscientious and timely manner;
- Establishes realistic budget proposals and demonstrates fiscal accountability;
- Manages situations effectively, empathetically and confidentially;
- Strong Change Management skills.
SGEU provides a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Quote Job Reference: #2018-11