SFU Varsity Athletics Table Tech Staff
Simon Fraser University Athletics & Recreation Employment Opportunity
Table Tech Staff ensure the professional and compliant execution of varsity games within SFU varsity events including football, volleyball, basketball, soccer and softball. This position has a wide range of technical responsibilities of varying complexity including management of the following table tech roles: scoreboard, game clock, shotclock and game sheet.
Table Tech Staff are a mandatory part of the delivery of all NCAA Div. 2 competitions. This role provides front line service to home and visiting teams and coaches – thus, the ideal Table Tech Staff have basic working knowledge of the conference (GNAC) and national (NCAA) sporting policies and protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the efficient and compliant execution of all varsity competition as per conference and NCAA sporting regulations
- Ensure all games are score kept and recorded and game timing protocols are upheld
- Completion of football, volleyball, basketball, soccer and softball score sheets as dictated by National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Management of game scoreboards for football, volleyball, basketball, soccer and softball for both athlete and fan benefit
- Liaise with game officials in discussion of timing, calls and start-of-game procedures
- Liaise directly with visiting and home-team coaches ensuring roster information and period/quarter/set information is correct following each section of play focusing on effective communication skills
- Work closely with members of the Varsity Events Staff and promotions team to ensure proper timing for in-game presentations, contests and recognitions
- Attendance at mandatory staff meetings/perform other duties as required
Ideal candidates for the position should have a passion for sport and an understanding of basic scoring principles and rules of specific sports. Those that are quick learners, hard-working individuals, able to work independently, and multitask with a high degree of accuracy would be a good fit for the role.
- Experience and familiarity with Simon Fraser University and/or the NCAA
- Previous experience with sport preferred
- Technical sporting background (ie. scorekeeping, timing etc.) an asset
- Able to work primarily Thursday and Saturday evenings // occasional Tuesday, Friday evening
Reports directly to the Event Coordinator in the Department of Athletics & Recreation. Works in cooperation with the Events Programmer and other varsity event and departmental staff.
$13.85/hr (inclusive of benefits).
Free locker, free group fitness pass and 50% of select recreation programs.
Positions to fill: ~15