Adventure Tour Guide
Hamlock Valley , BC
We offer our guests that once in a lifetime experience. Showing that everlasting memories are within our customers grasp, whether they are looking for a single day adventure, multi-day excursions, corporate packages, or a customizable adventure. They can enjoy the backcountry of British Columbia or the open ocean at their leisure.
We are looking for highly motivated employees who want to work hard while playing hard and showing off the beauty that British Columbia is known for. Here at JAG Adventures we don't just cater to the individual or private group adventures. We also pride ourselves on supplying some of, if not, the best adventures and team building exercises for both the Corporate needs and Non-Profit organizations. Our Special Events are custom made to our customers’ needs and wants, no matter if it's corporate team building, Scout outing adventures, Girls Weekend Away, Stag & Stagette parties, to corporate leisure time for a reward. We have our customers covered in all aspects and needs.
Your responsibility as a tour guide will be to lead groups of up to 6 people on trips with a duration of 2 to 8 hours, depending on tour booked, and showing the beauty that British Columbia’s backcountry has to offer.
- Day-to-day operations of our tours, according to itinerary
- Maintain consistently high levels of customer service to our guests
- Facilitating tour set up and camp set up when needed
- Commentary on places visited and landscapes encountered
- Experience with any or all the following machines: ATV's, UTVs', Jet Skies, Snowmobile operation. And be confident on them.
- Valid Driver’s license
- First Aid Level 1 needed, Level 3 would be an asset
- Any experience with being a guide is an asset.
- Knowledge of backcountry of BC an asset.
- Be able to commute to and from location
- Be able to tow, reverse, and turn around a cargo trailer up to 30' in length (not needed but would be an asset)
- ATS 1 Certification, ATV Operation Certification, Personal Water Craft Certifications, and Worksafe Certifications would be an asset.
- Multi-lingual, not required but would be an asset
- Pay is based on experience.
- MUST LOVE THE OUTDOORS & PLAYING
- Criminal Record checks and driver’s abstract
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays, to meet the needs of the business,
- While performing the duties of this position, Team Members may be required to be on their feet for extended periods of time, and or sitting in motorized vehicle for extended period of time
- Working outdoors in all types of weather,
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 40lbs
Hours would vary depending on tours that are booked, may be needed last minute on some last-minute bookings but would do our best to make sure that enough notice is given before needed.