Night Order Selector
Kelowna , BC
This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack, selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, scanning and labeling product using SOS label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders, and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner.
This night shift position requires working up to 40 hours per week. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays may be required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer). Shift start times can range from 4:00pm to 5:30pm depending on business needs.
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to scan and create labels; correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 88 pounds; frequently reach and constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy set forth by the Company.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Warehouse experience is an asset
Competencies: To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Orientation
- Managing Work
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Our Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Our Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events