About the Organization:
AIMS Group (Accounting Info & Mgmt Solutions) is a professional public accounting firm. We are a successful, highly regarded financial accounting and taxation professionals that offer accounting, advisory, audit, bookkeeping, compliance, finance, estate & retirement planning, tax, and other related services.
About the Opportunity:
We have a job opening for the position of Accounting Bookkeeper. This is a permanent full-time opportunity. The Accounting Bookkeeper oversees all activities related financial bookkeeping for our various business clients and the preparation and distribution of financial reports for them. This position will be responsible for full-cycle accounting functions as well as provide accurate and timely financial and management reports. This position will require to work from home and at our client’s business locations.
Owned vehicle, valid driving license, computer/ laptop and a printer is must for this job position. Mileage will be paid along with home work hours.
About the Location:
We are located at 670 Rexdale Blvd, Unit 6 in Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 0B5. The main intersection is Humberwood Blvd and Rexdale Blvd in the Toronto.
About the Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Following are job duties and responsibilities for this position:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute of annual and/or quarterly and/or monthly various financial reports for external and internal client usage.
- Provide accounting, financial & general information to clients.
- Post business data entries into general ledger accounts, assist in preparation of balance sheet and income statement schedules, and perform adjusting journal entries.
- Ensures that all documentation complies with company regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Supervises staff accountants responsible for the preparation and distribution of annual and/or quarterly financial statements for external and internal use
- Prepare and submit payroll tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Receive, review, and punch incoming business data/ paperwork from various clients.
- Manage work to ensure priorities are met and checking work for accuracy and completeness
- Be willing to engage in lifelong learning with respect to professional development, training, in services and courses of study
- Recommending enhancements to general accounting activities to ensure compliance with organizational and governmental policies and procedures and to ensure the most effective and efficient operations.
- Perform other duties that may be required or assigned by senior accountant.
About the Job Skills and Requirements:
Following are the job skills and requirements for this position:
- Minimum 1 year to 3 years of experience required in bookkeeping/ administrative field.
- Business Management/ Administration, Accounting diploma is required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Accounting would be an asset.
- Strong Knowledge of current Accounting Principles and procedures.
- Experience and Knowledge of automate accounting softwares applications and systems i.e. Quickbooks, Excel, and Avaal.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- First class communication skills and an ability to quickly understand and act on questions raised by clients in a timely manner. This will be a highly visible role and so requires someone with an approachable personality.
- Self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of initiative and independence.
- Effective communication (including superb writing, content development skills, strong presentation, oratory and verbal skills) with various business clients.
Working Hours: It is a permanent full-time job position that required minimum of 40-44 hours per week.
Job Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 per hour plus annual bonus, based on experience and knowledge along with paid mileage and hourly rate of home based work.