Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
Mogo Finance Technology
Mogo (TSX: MOGO) — a Vancouver-based financial technology company— is focused on building the leading digital financial platform in Canada and empowering consumers with simple solutions to help them improve their financial health. Built mobile first, users can sign up for a free MogoAccount in only three minutes and get access to 6 products including free credit score monitoring, identity fraud protection, the Mogo Platinum Prepaid Visa® Card, mortgages, personal loans and the MogoCrypto account which enables the buying and selling of bitcoin. The platform is engineered to deliver multiple financial products at scale through one account and enable the rapid launch of new features and products. With more than 600,000 members and growing, Mogo continues to execute on its vision of becoming the go-to financial app for the next generation of Canadians. To learn more, please visit mogo.ca or download the mobile app (iOS or Android).
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Senior Backend Developer to help grow our microservice platform.
We're a smart, passionate and high-performing team where every member plays a critical role in building the best digital financial services experience in Canada to help customers rule their finances.
Backend Developers, working primarily in Ruby, are central to everything we build at Mogo. As a Sr. Backend Developer, you'll be interfacing with web and mobile developers to build exciting new features on a docker-based asynchronous microservice platform. Our microservice platform powers our web and mobile apps, integrates with numerous partner platforms and is the engine that drives our financial services. Check out the requirements below and if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our product team from concept through delivery using your awesome communication skills
- Build APIs using your in-depth understanding of RESTful architectural style, including HATEOAS
- Utilize your industry knowledge to contribute to technical brainstorms
- Practice TDD and maintain a high degree of test coverage throughout
- Ensure that our platform is running at peak performance at all time
What you'll need:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or another related field
- 3 – 5 years experience using Ruby on Rails
- Strong Understanding of MVC
- In-depth understanding of RESTful architectural style, including HATEOAS
- Extensive hands-on skills in test-first development practices using RSpec
- Exposure to Domain Driven Design, including DCI
- Extra points for (service-oriented architecture) SOA knowledge.
- Proven ability to code expeditiously with great accuracy
- Knowledge of relational databases, including experience with MySQL
- Experience working with web APIs and the ability to communicate with internal tools over a standard IP socket
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Great team player
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Senior Backend Web Developer, Vancouver
Senior Software Developer
Backend Software Developer