Onsite Medical Representative
Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, Inc
The Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) will serve as the site’s medical representative in the Fulfillment Center (FC)/warehouse. The OMR will provide functions such as first aid treatment, actively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the workers’ compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
This role will function as a part of the larger safety team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all health and safety needs. This includes attending weekly associate safety committee meetings, and greeting all new hires for the site either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. They will also participate, as needed, in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings.
- Provide triage, first-aid and or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
- Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the treatment of associates.
- Create a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all employees on restrictions given by a medical provider.
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and senior leadership team. Provide analysis of all onsite incidents on a monthly basis including recommendations on how to reduce the risk and severity of injuries within the FC.
- Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers. Attend and speak at “start-up” meetings.
- Understand and learn each department and job function within the FC to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task. Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process.
- Initiate and maintain Worker’s Compensation cases when applicable.
- Help coordinate an annual onsite health fair.
- Update the communication board with medical and safety tips for the FC.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Valid PCP, RN, or RPN credentials in the Province you would be practicing in
- Valid CPR certification at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (Canadian Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (Canadian Red Cross)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights and/or weekends
- Ability to maintain all medical credentials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Certified to teach First-Aid, CPR and AED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with:
- OSHA regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Worker’s Compensation
Quote Job Reference: 678662