Long Haul Truck Driver
New Drivers Welcome
Sign on BONUS of $2250
Jumpstart your transportation career with Canada Cartage! With locations across Canada, Canada Cartage is a recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace. We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, advancement opportunities and career development.
Our ProTrainer programs will newly licensed Drivers join the industry to become a safe and comfortable Class AZ Driver. Through the ProTrainer program, you will receive paid, on-the-road training with an experienced, knowledgeable driver. Your one-on-one learning plan will be customized to your identified areas of growth. You will become a confident driver, develop safe habits and gain in-depth valuable industry knowledge. After you successfully complete the ProTrainer program, you will be offered full-time employment as a Class AZ Driver with us.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 1115 Cardiff Boulevard, Mississauga, ON L5S 1L8
POSITION: Tractor-trailer truck driver (Class AZ Long Haul)
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $20.05/hour ($43,308 minimum yearly), min 45 hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, Other Benefits
TOTAL POSITIONS: 70
- Loading and unloading of goods
- Inspect, operate and maintain company and customer issued equipment
- Document and report all safety related equipment defects to the dispatch (when applicable)
- Exercise safe-work practices in all work related activities (e.g. - using proper material handling equipment)
- Maintain communication with company dispatch office to report daily activity, delays, unscheduled breaks, workplace injuries, motor vehicle collisions and vehicle, cargo, equipment and property loss/damage
- Complete and submit all documentation required for payroll, customer billing, hours of service, vehicle maintenance etc.
- Inspect cargo prior to accepting and apply appropriate cargo securement (when applicable) as per NSC Standard 10.
- Must be willing and able to hand bomb products into delivery locations as required and requested
- Always comply with hours of service and TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) regulations
Skills and Abilities:
- Document knowledge: -Driver logbook, inspection report, (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trip reports, accident or incident reports.
- Essential Skills: -Significant use of memory, continuous learning, finding information, job task planning and organizing, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, working with others, oral communication, writing, document use, reading text.
- Type of Travel: -Long Haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial. Being away from home for 3-5 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Type of Trucking: - Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, Tanker
- A valid Class AZ license- no experience necessary
- Clean Drivers abstract (no greater than 30 days old)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds ? hand bombing may be required.
- Provide criminal record check
- Professional in appearance
- Professional in customer service
AZ Truck Driver - US LONG HAUL
Long Haul Truck Driver
AZ TUCK DRIVER FOR CROSS BORDER - PAYS $0.60/MILE PLUS HST