Senior Research Technician
A & L Canada Laboratories Inc.
We are one of Canada's largest Agricultural and Environmental Laboratories located in London, Ontario. A & L Canada Laboratories Inc. provides reliable, comprehensive, and effective services for analytical testing.
We were formed in 1985 with the merger of Croptech Laboratories. The new corporation is a wholly owned Canadian subsidiary of A & L Canada Laboratories Inc., which consists of two analytical laboratories and sales regionally located throughout North America.
We are currently seeking organized, results-driven, high-energy, detailed-oriented, and committed individuals for the London, Ontario facility.
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Covering a 1-year Leave of Absence
Work hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday thru to Friday. Start time 8:00am to 4:30pm with Spring and Fall seasonal demands, overtime.
- Work collaboratively with research technicians and students following established SOPs and proven methods to achieve superior quality results for research projects;
- Maintain current knowledge of "Bests Practices" in regard to scientific and research developments;
- Provide technical guidance to laboratory technicians and research students to enhance their capability and ability to effectively as well as efficiently participate in experiments;
- Pro-actively undertake short-term and long-term planning to ensure research goals and turnaround times are realized;
- Ensure projects and testing are completed in a timely fashion maintaining a high level of quality for efficiency as well as effectiveness;
- Coordinate/create experiment and research designs to test and evaluate the hypothesis including determination of control sample groups;
- Generate detail-oriented research papers, reports, and reviews reports with precision accuracy in a timely manner based on the analysis;
- Identify and communicate results and/or analysis that require further investigation or discussion with manager and/or supervisor;
- Produce supporting findings documentation including presentation and explanation to clients/customers or other reviewers;
- Work in compliance with OHSA and the company Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times. Actively advocate, educate, and promote healthy as well as safe work practices within the laboratory and/or in the field;
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean laboratory work area.
- Efficient in planning, organizing, and implementation;
- Previous experience in an industrial setting preferred;
- Strong attention to details and time management;
- Ability to network and build relationships;
- Ability to research and acquire information in a timely manner;
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment with a positive work ethic;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal
- Master's of Science in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Biology;
- Experience working in a microbiology or molecular biology laboratory environment preferably in a supervisory role;
- Knowledge of established "Best Practices" for laboratory procedures, standards, and techniques;
- Experience coordinating and conducting field work and a willingness to travel to various field sites in Ontario;
- Must possess a valid class G Driver's License;
- Practical experience designing, coordinating, and conducting experiments;
- Experience Windows-based software (e.g. Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, etc.) for the purpose of generating reports and presentations.
Concepteur en électronique sénior / Electronic Engineer
District Development Technician
Windows IT Technician – Spring 2018
Senior Project Director