Laboratory Technician ICP & Sample Preparation Digestion
A & L Canada Laboratories Inc.
We are one of Canada's largest Agricultural and Environmental Laboratories located in London, Ontario. We provide reliable, comprehensive, and effective services for analytical testing.
A & L Canada Laboratories Inc. was formed in 1985 with the merger of Croptech Laboratories. The new corporation is a wholly owned Canadian subsidiary of A & L Canada Laboratories Inc., which consists of two analytical laboratories and sales regionally located throughout North America.
We are currently seeking organized, results-driven, high-energy, detailed-oriented, and committed individuals.
This role is responsible to ensure timely and quality results of the test; full implementation and compliance with the quality control program, adherence to all health & safety and lean programs to result in accurate, efficiently produced, reliable test results delivered on time for optimum customer satisfaction.
- Follow standard bench top methodology and SOP’s to perform routine required processing of ICP samples assigned by the Laboratory Operation Manager.
- Following the standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to sample preparation and ICP analysis, run the required samples within the turnaround matrix requirement.
- Weigh out samples and conduct any quality control checks that are required in the run, as set out by the respective SOPs. Digest, dilute and filter all samples for analysis.
- Process the control sample and standards as outlined by the Customer Service Team and Quality Control program, identify any out of range results and immediately consult the Laboratory Operations Manager.
- Give the print out to the Laboratory Operation Manager upon completion of the sample run.
- Perform routine required analyses on samples using required instrumentation and various methods as necessary to support production turnaround times.
- Adhere to quality control program requirements for assigned sample processing.
- Comply with the quality program requirements e.g. standard operating procedures (SOPs) as related to your job duties.
- Ensure proper methodologies and GLP are consistently adhered to, which ensures quality test results.
- Maintain and clean ICP equipment (lines and trays and auto-sampler) are to be cleaned once a week. This is necessary to maximize the operation (less down time) of the equipment and to ensure the reliability/validity of the test results.
- Follow all processes required to meet our accreditations applying corrective action where required.
- Report any non-conformances immediately to the Laboratory Operations Manager.
- Follow OHSA and A & L Health and Safety program requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OHSA and A & L Health and Safety program requirements to support safety metrics.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean laboratory work area.
- Perform ad hoc duties and other assignments as requested by Senior Management.
- Undertake assignments outside of the normal scope of this role as assigned by the Laboratory Operations Manager.
- Fulfill personal development plans as outlined by the Laboratory Operations Manager.
Quote Job Reference: 5194572575