Microbiology Laboratory Technician
A & L Canada Laboratories Inc.
We are one of Canada's largest Agricultural and Environmental Laboratories located in London, Ontario. We provide reliable, comprehensive, and effective services for analytical testing.
A & L Canada Laboratories Inc. was formed in 1985 with the merger of Croptech Laboratories. The new corporation is a wholly owned Canadian subsidiary of A & L Canada Laboratories Inc., which consists of two analytical laboratories and sales regionally located throughout North America.
We are currently seeking organized, results-driven, high-energy, detailed-oriented, and committed individuals for the London, Ontario facility.
2 available positions
Work hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday thru to Friday. Start time 8:30am to 5:00pm with Spring and Fall seasonal demands, overtime.
- Performs microbiology testing in a timely fashion maintaining a high level of quality to ensure turnaround times are met;
- Aseptically performs sampling, plating, and testing of samples daily;
- Successfully participates in completion of proficiency testing samples;
- Assist in preparation and reporting of reportswith precision accuracy in a timely manner based on the analysis;
- Conducts medium preparation, cleaning glassware, properly disposing of waste, and ensures work areas are organized;
- Proactivelytroubleshoot analytical systemswithin department as well as the organization;
- Adherence to standard operating procedures and proven methods to achieve superior quality results;
- Assists in maintaining quality system records to comply with all accrediting agencies;
- Identifies and communicates results that require further investigation or discussion with manager and/or supervisor;
- Actively participates in any Proficiency Testing Programs;
- Learns new techniques and technologies as appropriate (Bests Practices);
- Participates in special projects as assigned by the manager and/or supervisor;
- Engages in analytical work in other areas;
- Supplementary support to other managers and/or supervisors as required;
- Works effectively and efficiently with other managers, supervisors, and employees;
- Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve customer and employee goals;
- Participates and engages in meetings;
- Maintains high level of integrity;
- Any ad hoc assignments assigned.
- Superior customer/employee relations;
- Knowledge of lab practices;
- Efficient in planning, organizing, and implementation;
- Active listener as well as effective communicator;
- Previous experience in an industrial setting preferred;
- Strong attention to details;
- Fantastic time management;
- Ability to network and build relationships;
- Ability to research and acquire information in a timely manner;
- Quality mindset;
- Dependable and reliable;
- Productive with effectiveness and efficiency;
- Display organizational skillsets;
- Possess a positive work ethic with team based attitude;
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.;
- Willing to be flexible in job duties;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal,
- Follow and advise employees on company health & safety and applicable policies and pocedures;
- Must possess a valid class G Driver’s License with License with availability of transportation.
- Diploma or B.Sc. degree, preferably in Microbiology, Biology, Food Science, or related sciences;
- Knowledge of established laboratory procedures, standards, and techniques;
- Knowledge of the scientific principles/practices applicable to test protocols, procedures, methods and analytical systems/equipment (i.e., membrane filtration, identification of organisms, spread plate analysis, MPN, PCR, etc.);
- Experience in analyzing food for the presence of foodborne bacterial pathogens;
- Knowledge of the methods for isolation, identification, and enumeration of foodborne and environmental bacterial pathogens;
- Knowledge of biochemical techniques applicable in food microbiology;
- Practical experience in aseptic laboratory techniques and media preparation;
- Experience with laboratory information systems (LIMS) and Windows-based software (e.g. Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, and etc.);
- Proven ability to perform basic microbiology laboratory techniques.
Potential for growth opportunities with a fast-paced reputable agricultural and environmental laboratory.
Microbiology Laboratory Technician- 2 openings
SEEKING ABORIGINAL APPLICANTS FOR LABORATORY SERVICES
Laboratory Technician ICP & Sample Preparation Digestion
Backfill Lab Technician