Patron Services Manager
Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
We are looking for an experienced Patron Service Manager to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation. This detail-oriented individual will manage patron relationships, ensuring quick and personalized service while identifying potential customer segments thus maximizing ticket sales and donated income.
Reporting to the VP Sales & Audience Services, the Patron Services Manager manages 2 full time and a team of part time staff, and is responsible for all aspects of the WSO Box Office for concerts, programs and events and audience development initiatives.
- training and management of full time and part time box office and call centre personnel
- managing the box office ticketing system including file maintenance, single event and concert bundle set-up
- maintain open and positive communications with marketing, finance, development and administrative staff
- balance daily, weekly and monthly sales and create necessary accounting documents and reports and assist the VP Sales & Audience Services with statistical analysis of sales data to identify trends and patterns
- manage the annual printing of WSO season tickets
- monitor box office and telemarketing budgets
- prepare data for direct mail campaigns
- provide support for external box office systems
- understanding various needs and levels of service required by patrons
- and other duties as required.
Qualifications include: a Marketing/Communications/Management degree and a minimum of 3 years management/customer service experience with an emphasis on the entertainment industry, and a sound understanding of the not-for-profit sector. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel (including using pivot tables and macros).
The successful candidate will: have a proven ability to excel in customer service; possess excellent written, oral and organizational skills and to relay information clearly and consistently; be able to multitask yet pay attention to detail; be an enthusiastic and imaginative team player and leader; be proficient in ticketing/donation management software, Microsoft Word and Excel, and possess an understanding of some web-based technologies; and, be aware of current customer service trends. Knowledge of classical music and a love of music in general is an asset.