Manager, Strategic Communications
We work alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an individual to join our Strategic Communications unit as Manager, Strategic Communications to manage the corporate communications, brand and content engagement needs of Imagine Canada. In addition, this role supports the work of the Amplify our Voice strategic direction targeted at both charities and consumer markets.
The Manager, Strategic Communications is focused on brand engagement that promotes and elevates the profile of Imagine Canada and its programs. The Manager is a content strategist, creator and communicator in the digital and social media space as well as traditional methods. In addition, this role manages the public and media relations activities of the organization.
This individual is collaborative and works at a fast pace to produce consistent high quality communications content that adhere to set policies and guidelines. The Manager aims to build strong supportive relationships with colleagues and organization stakeholders. They are adaptable and able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, the duties of this role include:
Corporate brand communications:
- Support the development and implementation of strategic communications strategies, campaigns and initiatives in support of organization objectives
- Manage media relationships and coordinate interviews to positively position and profile Imagine Canada
- Manage organization brand assets and ensure brand guideline adherence
Content management, creation and delivery:
- Manage and execute content campaigns and initiatives based on Imagine Canada’s organization-wide content strategy
- As manager and editor of Imagine Canada’s blog publishing platform, provide editorial expertise, schedule posts, coordinate translation, distribution support, performance analysis, and recruitment and management of guest writers
- Develop social media strategies and create and manage social content on various channels to engage current Imagine Canada stakeholders and to reach new audiences
- Research, write and edit content suitable for multiple formats (blogs, print materials, website, email, social media, etc.)
- Coordinate the development and production of marketing communications materials with either internal resources or external suppliers (creative agencies, designers, printers, etc.) and/or guide staff to do so when required
- Provide content guidance and support for Imagine Canada’s digital properties and infrastructure (imaginecanada.ca, e-newsletters, etc.)
Program and initiative communications guidance and support:
- Support program specialists to develop and implement marketing communications strategies, engagement campaigns and initiatives that support program objectives
- Ensure that program and department specific content is seamlessly integrated with and is reflective of the overall corporate branding and content strategy
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education in marketing communications, public/media relations, advertising, journalism or related discipline with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of management work experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Advanced level knowledge of content strategies and creation as well as social media strategy and engagement
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office products
- Some familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in French
- Some knowledge of website programming languages (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Apps for the work environment
- Some experience in photography, video editing, and event management
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector
- A good sense of humour couldn’t hurt!
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full-time/1 year contract
- Location: Primarily on-site at Imagine Canada’s Toronto office with flexibility to work remotely on occasion
- Deadline for Applications: Applications are due Monday, June 25, 11pm ET
- Preferred start date: beginning of August 2018
We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our staff values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and the opportunity for development within your career.
Senior Manager, Employee Communications
Manager, Strategic Communications