Strong. Sustainable. Southwire.
Southwire delivers power to millions of people around the world. Our wire and cable products deliver power to wherever it is needed. One in three new homes built in the United States contains wire made by Southwire.
Southwire leads the industry with innovative products that simplify installation, saving our customers time and money. Southwire has the right wire and cable solution for any commercial, residential, industrial or utility application. If Southwire does not have the solution, we’ll design it and make it to order.
Our Energy Division sells a full line of low, medium and high-voltage cable products that move power from the generation source to buildings and homes. Customers include investor-owned utilities, rural electric cooperatives, municipalities, contractors and utility distributors.
An Elite Team:
As a member of the Southwire team, you’d be working with the best of best in the industry. The technical expertise and knowledge that resides under our roofs is unparalleled, couple that with high energy, great camaraderie, and a desire to dominate the market – and you’ve got an A+ team.
Southwire has an unmatched eye for talent, and the tenacity to mentor and develop from within. The experience and learning opportunities provided to you by your peers and management team will equip to excel at meaningful work, each and every day.
We're looking for an analytical Inventory Specialist to join our Supply Chain team. Our Inventory Specialist is responsible for all data analyses pertaining to Southwire Canada’s inventory and supply chain operations. The role is accountable for creating and managing supply chain processes that help Southwire Canada achieve its goal of Operational Excellence by smoothly meeting customer and company requirements. In this role, you should have an analytical mind and a strong business acumen specifically with mass complexity and volume of products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data in support of business objectives
- Analyze data to identify trends and recommendations
- Assist in supply chain optimization projects
- Oversee inventory procedures
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance
- Monitor and where needed adjust inventory levels at distribution centers in Toronto and Calgary
- Stay on the forefront of SAP functionality that enhances sales work processes
- College diploma with a major in Supply Chain, Procurement, Materials Management or a related Business program; technical trade experience (ie: electrician) a considerable asset to advance this role forward
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Sales Coordinator, Data Specialist or equivalent role.
- Experience in wire/cable industry and understanding of market trends and patterns an asset
- Must have previous experience handling and manipulating data
- Expert knowledge of logistics, transportation and supply chain management
- Expert knowledge of Sales cycle (Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Supply Chain), project management and operations
- Proven experience understanding a wide breadth of product within wire, cable, and accessories
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of SAP an asset
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills