Bayshore Home Health
Private home healthcare.
The Homemaker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides home support services to clients. S/he assists clients in keeping with the directives of the care plan and in accordance with professional practice standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide homemaking support according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Homemaker.
- Complete light house cleaning, wash dishes or laundry, make beds, sweep and mop the floor, dust and vacuum, remove garbage and complete other duties as approved.
- Prepare meals as described in the care plan; shop for groceries and personal items.
- Provide childcare and pet care as described in the care plan.
- Observe client conditions and report unusual events or changes in condition.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Maintain client records and documentation as required.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Completion of secondary school diploma preferred and Home Support Programs as appropriate.
At least one year of recent experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in either English or French.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely;
- Able to freely lift 23 kilograms;
- Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment.
Personal Care Workers, Homemakers and or Companions