We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of precision electro-optics. With a product portfolio consisting of industry-leading thermal imagers, night vision systems, laser rangefinders, laser aimers and tactical day optics, Newcon Optik's products are relied upon by military, government and commercial customers in more than 60 countries.
This position is ideal for an electrical technician with experience in assembling, testing & troubleshooting electronic devices.
- Assemble, tune up and inspect products manufactured by the company;
- Troubleshoot, test and repair company products, as required;
- Assist in development and implementation of testing procedures;
- Identify defective products or materials during production, as required by company procedures;
- Support Engineering in new product development;
- Work with Engineering, Optics, Quality Assurance to ensure standards are met and products conform to customer requirements;
- Repair or work on existing assemblies;
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, and engineering drawings;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes, practices, tooling, fixtures, assemblies, and practices;
- Demonstrated ability to consistently maintain high productivity levels;
- Proficiency in using hand tools;
- Ability & willingness to learn and follow established procedures & safety protocols;
- Accurate and with eye for detail;
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills — ability to express ideas in individual and group situations, and ability to work collaboratively in a team.
Experience & Education
- 3+ previous related work experience in the electro-optical field;
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience & training;
- Experience with optical devices assembly is an asset.
Candidates must presently be permitted to work in Canada in order to apply for this position.