Director, WE Schools, Western Canada
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail-oriented leader to act as Director, WE Schools, Western Canada to join the Pacific Coast and Western Canada office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Our mission is to be the educational partner of choice. The Director should have an in-depth knowledge of the Canadian education system, specifically in Alberta and BC. This role is the key relationship manager for a portfolio of active WE Schools within their market as well as overseeing a team of staff with their own portfolio. Success is being responsible for ensuring the retention and growth of the school’s increased involvement from year-to-year within each portfolio in this market.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
Your Impacts: (Responsibilities)
Leadership of WE Schools Program Development and Delivery
- Create and execute a retention plan for stakeholders in their market
- Create an annual plan with Executive and Senior Leadership Team
- Hold all key stakeholder relationships in their market and work with Senior Leadership Team or Executive Team on communication and tactics
- Ensure an operational plan is in place to meet annual plan objectives with an emphasis on increasing program commitments, fundraising and deepening engagement
- Oversee lead generation and fundraising targets for market
- Liaise with Executive Team on team priorities and relay information regarding market, portfolios, campaigns and sponsorships back to the team
- Research market trends and customize program accordingly
- Participating in educational opportunities
- Work in partnership with the Associate Director to oversee a team across two markets: Alberta and BC
- Strategize with the Associate Director to ensure individual staff are being held accountable to their weekly reporting targets
- In partnership with the Leadership Team, cultivate team culture and professional growth opportunities for staff
- Oversee strategy and booking of Speaker’s outreach tour
WE Day and Special Eve
- Working closely with the WE Day Leadership team to oversee WE Day event logistics for their market with the support of the Associate Director and Senior Program Managers
- Working closely with the Global Services Team to strategize the execution of Youth Summits, speaking tours and other outreach opportunities in market
What you bring: (Skills & Qualifications)
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- Proven 7 years of experience working within a customer relations, business development, or philanthropic team
- Team management responsibilities of direct reports – attendance, objective setting, performance review, coaching and discipline
- Experience or knowledge in working with schools and/or school administrative bodies and/or youth is an asset
- Proven exceptional relationship management with senior-level stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing strategic plans, program reports and proposals
- Ability to work with Regional Director and Head of WE Schools to carry out vision and objectives
- Relay vision and objectives from executive staff to the broader team
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability to deliver several programs, happening simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated, independent, a problem solver and a strategic thinker
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges
- Proficient use of MS Office programs and experience with database management (preferably Salesforce)
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends and travel periodically for work
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Associate Director, Creative Destruction Labs
Program Manager, WE Schools
Retail Sales Representative