Syteline IT Support Assistant
Arconas is currently seeking an experienced Software Installation Technician. We are looking for someone with at least 1 to 2 years of experience in Syteline IT Support.
Arconas values diversity in the workplace. Visible minorities, women, and those with Indigenous and Metis ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Arconas is a Mississauga-based modular and public seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high-design, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres and universities. We are a privately-owned company who has earned recognition as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies five consecutive years in a row.
Responsibilities and Duties
This role will report directly to the ERP Administrator and will provide assistance and training in the use of personal computer hardware, software and specialized technology for production, execution, and successful completion of production jobs. Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate. Requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises.
- Provide training and IT assistance in the use of Syteline and Microsoft Dynamics CRM software
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, implementing corrective action procedures
- First point of contact with Arconas' Infor ERP supplier for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Collaborate with Arconas sales, customer service, and purchasing personnel in processes of Syteline software programs and applications
- Train Arconas personnel in use of production jobs in Doc Trac, Shop Trac and Job Planning processes
- Maintenance of BOM details/costs accuracy
- Be the in-house expert in Infor Design Studio configuration system
- All other duties, responsibilities or projects, as assigned by the ERP Administrator
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree or College degree in Computer Science/Computer Programming or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of progressive IT experience, preferably in application support. Infor Syteline experience a requirement.
- Order Management, Inventory, Production/Manufacturing including job costing, Shipping, Purchasing, Quality Management, and Finance/Accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of the Syteline table structure as well as Syteline SQL reports, functions, views, triggers, and procedures are required.
- Must have ability to create/build new databases and custom database tables in existing structure.
- Migration experience of the Syteline application to a newer level is a requirement.
- Experience using and configuring Microsoft Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is required.
- Experience in Desktop Troubleshooting / Support, Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, Active Directory Administration is a plus.
- Knowledge of Mac and other Apple devices is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, and basic Infrastructure cabling and wired / wireless network interfaces.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Utilize sound judgment in dealing with the business, personnel, or security-related data
- and information.
- Capable of communicating with Manager and peers to explain issues, identify options
- and recommend solutions.
- Display excellent work habits including attendance, punctuality, and dress.
- Use company assets wisely.
- Able to manage tasks and priorities for self in a constantly changing environment.
- Available for occasional travel and as emergency contact after normal work hours.
- Generate enthusiasm and support of company objectives.
- After hours support on an as needed basis.
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year's.
Ask our team what it's like to work here and they will tell you.........
- We've been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.00 to $30.00 /hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: