What is the opportunity?
This is an experienced senior business analyst role focused on implementation of Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) covering Standardized Approach (SA), Internal Models Approach (IMA) and BT/PLA. As a member of the FRTB BA team, you will be doing detailed business analysis of FRTB requirements for specific asset classes and identify gaps with respect to existing market risk infrastructure.
This is a senior BA role with strong focus on stakeholder management and delivery of business analysis across multiple streams. You will liaison closely with senior management on risk methodology team and also work closely with risk technology BA team to ensure that requirements are fully understood and managed. You will handle business analysis aspects of IT delivery with focus on delivering functional requirements documents, excel prototypes of data processing and providing walkthrough of the detailed business requirements to Dev and QA teams. The role is based in Toronto.
What will you do?
- Develop detailed understanding of the FRTB requirements and implementation
- Liaison closely with business stakeholders to manage priority of requirements and changes to requirements
- Work closely with business users to understand business requirements and demo system functionality
- Prepare high level and detailed requirements specifications for the project in accordance with SDLC objectives
- Efficiently perform the day to day business analysis tasks including documentation of requirements, data analysis and UAT
- Work closely with development team to explain the requirements, validate the design assumptions for various business scenarios and testing
- Support QA team in creation of UAT test cases against business requirements
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience working on projects related to market risk. Experience with Basel 2.5 implementation
- Experience working with senior business stakeholders
- Understanding of financial products (Bonds, Equity, FX etc.) and their valuation
- Strong knowledge of market risk management (Basel/FRTB, VaR, greeks etc.) is essential
- 15+ years previous work experience as a Business Analyst
- Documentation skills: ability to succinctly articulate requirements, summarize data analysis & present to business and IT users
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong data analysis skills are required including analyzing large data sets in Excel and using SQL queries
- Experience building enterprise scale applications involving large data volumes and computations
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Quantitative finance, Mathematics or related field
Nice to Have
- Good understanding of Basel regulatory environment and its evolution and challenges
- Prior experience with Monte Carlo simulation in vendor products such as Razor etc.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum and experience with continuous integration development
- Professional risk/finance certifications (e.g. FRM, PRM, CFA)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Opportunities to build distributed systems using the latest big data frameworks for advanced analytics
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Quote Job Reference: 549025
Junior Business Analyst
Analyste intelligence d’affaires des TI / IT Business Intelligence Analyst