Forklift Operator (Night Shift)
We are looking to hire an experienced Forklift Operator to work with our client in Ottawa’s east end. In this position you would operate a propane forklift along with other equipment such as backhoes and pallet lifts. Work would take place both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
This is a night shift which runs from 4:00pm to 12:30am Monday to Friday, with the opportunity for overtime on weekends. Public transit is available to and from the jobsite. Pay for this position is $16.00 per hour.
In this position you would:
- Safely operate a forklift and other assigned equipment
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Load and unload materials from trailers
- Move and stack materials by hand when required
- Work inside and outside in a variety of weather conditions
To excel in this position, you must:
- Have at least 2 years experience operating a Class V Forklift
- Be willing to work in a dirty, loud, and dusty industrial environment
- Have experience working with heavy equipment such as backhoes, skid steers, overhead cranes, etc.
- Provide CSA Approved Steel Toe boots (all other required PPE will be provided)
We are an Ottawa-based recruitment agency. We work primarily in the manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics industries.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: