This role will be responsible for the direct management and handling of all Company finished goods inventory and all warehousing and distribution functions. He or she will be accountable for inbound and outbound freight, as well as ensuring staff adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Warehouse Supervisor will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills. Other duties will be assigned as necessary. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
1. Oversees Warehouse activity
Supervises and reviews the daily organization and operations of the warehouse, ensuring that the warehouse is fully capable and functional in its layout and capacity to adequately support the material needs for Production, Service, Customer orders, and others. Supervises stocking of parts to support production, service and customer orders, timely delivery of parts to the shop, oversees preparation for shipments of items as required, and preparation of materials for disposal as required. Provide continual evaluation of processes/procedures and suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and customer service.
Receipt and Storage of Materials of Incoming Parts
The incumbent supervises the receipt of incoming parts shipments, ensures that materials in the warehouse are counted, inspected, stored properly, and cared for through general material handling and warehousing principles. Supervises and participates in the accomplishment of Inventory Counts, Root Cause Analysis and Accuracy.
3. Personnel training and work schedule
Arranges and schedules regular training and retraining of warehouse personnel. Conduct On-the-Job training as necessary to maintain personnel proficiency in warehouse operations. Schedule vacations, time off, and overtime for Warehouse Personnel. Supervise warehouse personnel, prioritize and assign tasks, ensure coverage when short staff. Mediates and resolves human resources conflicts, and take disciplinary actions when required. This role also involves assessing the performance of employees on an ongoing basis and providing feedback to employees accordingly to maximize performance and providing input on employee performance to the Plant Manager for the purposes of completion of the annual performance appraisal.
Ensures housekeeping is kept by all warehouse personnel; supervises and participates in maintaining clean and organized warehouse areas as well as any point-of-use inventory storage areas. The incumbent also organizes scrap, and garbage pick-up, and oversees the planned maintenance of machinery and equipment within the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all warehouse activity is carrying out as per Company policies and procedures, health and safety and environmental regulations.
Keeps up-to-date records of waste disposal - oil, paint – and ensures all the Ministry of Environment manifests exist and are available for review.
Oversee periodical garbage, skids, metal scrap pick-up
EDUCATION, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
- A College or University degree in business, with a focus on manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a supervision role, preferably in manufacturing, warehouse management function or supply chain management position.
- Tow motor/forklift license, or ability to obtain one
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Familiar with enterprise-level track-and-trace systems, as well as implementation experience.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Dock Supervisor, 65K, Benefits, Bonus, RRSP Plan, M-F, Afternoon shift