Loss Prevention Officer
Spec Ops Security
Retail Store Security
SOSG is seeking a licensed and experienced retail loss prevention officer to work at a grocery store in central Calgary.
The primary role of the loss prevention officer is to provide a first line of defence against criminal acts that are committed on or in relation to the retail store. This will include:
- Conduct plain-clothes patrols of the store to identify and apprehend persons who are shoplifting or committing criminal offences (fraud, disturbances, vandalism, trespassing).
- Physical arrest of shoplifters - recovery of merchandise
- Complete detailed arrest/incident reports, merchandise recovery reports and police witness statements.
- Handling of evidence and court testimony when required.
- Professional interaction with store management, employees, Calgary Police members and Crown Prosecutors.
Applicants must have exceptional interpersonal and conflict management skills, speak and write fluent English at a University level and be able to work independently without the need of close supervision.
- Valid Alberta Security License (Uniform exempt)
- Reliable with a track record of showing up for shifts.
- Must have positive employment references.
- Physically fit and capable of performing all duties (standing/walking for extended periods, ability to run and physically arrest persons who attempt to flee etc.)
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Code, powers of arrest, use of force limitations and court procedures.
- Ability to write detailed and effective incident reports.
- A demonstrated ability to work in an undercover capacity in a retail setting with a proven success rate for identifying and apprehending shoplifters.
FULL TIME - Applicants must be available to work no less than 4 (8 hour) shifts per week.
PART TIME - Applicants must be available to work no less than 2 (8 hour) shifts per week.
Rate of pay is dependent on qualifications and experience, as well as your level of commitment.
Average starting rate of pay for Full-Time is $19 - $20.00 per hour.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Loss Prevention Officer $20/Hour
Loss Prevention Profession - Chinook Centre- Full- Time
Loss Prevention Officer - Calgary
Loss Prevention Officer 1 (Calgary)