Experienced Elementary Montessori Teacher
The Oliam Group
Attention! Hard Working, Dedicated, Montessori Trained Individuals…
Our client Perth Children’s House Montessori School is hiring.
Perth Children’s House Montessori School was formed in 1974 by a dedicated group of parents in the Perth area who decided that their children, and their community, needed another option for early education.
Perth Children’s House is located in beautiful downtown heritage Perth and continues to be a parent-run organization where parents enjoy taking an active role in the school. Our school is dedicated to providing a nurturing and inspiring learning environment for our students.
This September we are expanding our Casa Montessori program to include the lower elementary grades 1-3 and we are currently accepting resumes for a Full-Time Elementary Montessori Teacher for the 2018 school year starting in September.
Candidates must have prior experience teaching in a Montessori classroom, be engaging, and have a passion for the Montessori Method. If you enjoy being part of a small, yet dynamic team and community and you like to contribute both to the classroom and the school at large, then this is the job for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be responsible for conducting the day-to-day operations of the classroom including, but not limited to: lesson instruction, classroom maintenance, daily record keeping, playground supervision, etc.
- You will maintain a neat, organized and attractively prepared environment consistent with the Montessori pedagogy.
- You will Work to develop close and effective relationships with parents and provide and maintain a safe and sanitary classroom.
- You will also assist in the preparation of and participate in activities related to the school community and attend monthly staff meetings after hours
Job Qualifications include:
- Accredited Montessori teacher with an AMI or MACTE approved Montessori diploma committed to Montessori philosophy and pedagogy or the ability to complete an AMI or MACTE approved Montessori Elementary training program if this level has not yet been achieved.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching in a Montessori environment.
- Current criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening.
- Current first aid as well as infant and children CPR-C certificate.
- Exceptional classroom management skills to assist in the development of independence, individuality and creativity for children to reach their full potential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible, adaptable and supportive with a knack for critical thinking.
- Confident, enthusiastic, and naturally curious