Project Manager - Gas Turbine Controls & Commissioning
Axial Group Inc.
Address: #230, 855 42 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 1Y8
Location of Work: #230, 855 42 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 1Y8 and project sites across Canada
This role is responsible for project management duties on gas turbine control system development, commissioning and related services in the context of industrial operations (e.g. manufacturing companies, energy companies, industrial plants, public utilities, and similar facilities and establishments). The Project Manager reports to the Vice President and/or assigned member of our management team.
- Develop, evaluate and direct commissioning and operations of industrial gas turbine control systems for various projects in industrial environments;
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently manage resources in project commissioning and operations of industrial gas turbine control system to meet client’s production targets;
- Develop and manage project budgets and report regularly;
- Maintain equipment, personnel and other resources to meet project requirements;
- Plan and implement changes to machinery, automation system and equipment, production systems and methods of operations;
- Direct and assist in developing and maintaining turbine fuel control algorithms for various engines;
- Direct and maintain quality control programs and related reporting procedures;
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and direct tuning, conversion, repair, overhaul, replacement and related services;
- Direct turbine control testing, commissioning and field services;
- Direct and assist in PLC/HMI/SCADA program development and testing;
- Hire, supervise and manage project personnel and assign work;
- Develop training programs and oversee training for various project teams;
- Coordinate technical assistance with Sales and Marketing group;
- Coordinate controls and commissioning support for gas turbine engine tunings, conversions, and installations;
- Maintain technical documentation for various projects (control logic, programming narratives, test procedures, user manuals, installation/ commissioning manuals, etc.);
- Direct preparation of as-built drawings with field surveys;
- Travel to project sites as required; and
- Other duties assigned and consistent with the role.
Terms of Employment: Permanent and full-time (40 hours per week)
Language of Work: English
The following is required as a minimum:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or business administration
- 5 - 10 years of experience working in supervisory roles in industrial environments, particularly compression and/or power generation experience related to gas turbine operations
- 5+ years of project management experience related to industrial control system design and programming
- Experience with Solar, GE, Siemens or Rolls Royce gas turbines
- Experience with gas turbine, compressor and generator instrumentation and devices
- PLC programming experience with one or more of the following: Rockwell, GE, Siemens, Horner, etc.
- HMI/SCADA programming experience with one or more of the following: Rockwell, Schneider, GE, etc.
- Experience with on-site commissioning and startup
- Good knowledge of industry standards such as CSA, IEC, NEC, ANSI, API etc.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on full-time basis
- Ability to travel and work internationally without restrictions
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Works well in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet set deadlines
- Ability to work successfully both individually and within team environments
- Highly motivated and ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focused on client service
- Results driven individual who takes ownership of problems and sees them through to completion
Experience in the following would be an asset for the position:
- Previous experience with rotating equipment controls design (turbines, reciprocating engines, pumps, compressors, turbo-expanders, etc.)
- Previous experience in the natural gas processing industry within a related technical field
- Practical experience participating in or leading HAZOP, Risk Analysis, Incident investigations
- Presentation and training course development and delivery
- Technical proposal development
Benefits: Comprehensive company benefits plan after standard 3 month probation period (extended health care, dental, accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability and life insurance, $500 health spending account and relevant policies), work-related travel expense policies, moving allowance of $10,000 and other applicable relocation assistance policies.