Registrar and Director of Enrolment Services
Harris Leadership Strategies
Red River College (RRC) is Manitoba’s largest institute of applied learning and one of the top research colleges in Canada. Through hands-on learning opportunities and state-of-the-art instruction, RRC prepares 22,000 full and part-time students to become leaders in their fields — while also ensuring they can meet changing industry demands and contribute to the province’s economic growth. RRC employees are driven by the success of their students and work collaboratively to ensure students have an accessible, innovative and rewarding experience. The College also works to ensure their employees have the resources and supports their need to succeed – RRC offers competitive salaries, extensive benefits and the opportunity for personal and professional growth. This role offers the opportunity to function as part of a collegial, dynamic and collaborative environment, conducive to creativity and innovation.
RRC is seeking a dynamic leader who can build deep and complex relationships with other academic leaders throughout the institution in order to further the College’s academic vision and support the success of every student. This requires an exceptional leader who combines relationship, collaboration, systems-thinking and integrative problem-solving skills to transform the role for the benefit of the College.
The position is complex, data-centric and requires someone who can work closely and at a unique and deep level with academic and institutional leaders. It requires someone who is both detail-oriented and a big-picture thinker, proficient in the use of technology, solutions oriented and able to balance the needs of the institution with the needs of the student.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community & Student Services, as part of the Academic Division of the College, this essential role aligns with the College’s overall drive to support students to achieve their educational goals while ensuring a quality student experience throughout. This leader is accountable for college-wide systems, processes and services that support Recruitment and Admissions, Enrolment and Records Management, Academic Advising, Student Awards and Financial Aid.
- Support students’ educational goal achievement by designing and delivering high quality enrolment and registrarial services.
- Resolve complex and unique problems within Enrolment Services and facilitate the Student Appeal Process.
- Ensure the development of comprehensive recruitment and student engagement plans.
- Ensure the institution’s academic integrity by consistent interpretation and application of academic policies, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure quality processes and procedures are in place to assess student progress towards graduation, verifying enrolment, and system-wide compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure a strong service delivery model and focus on the student experience.
- Serve as official authorised student records keeper and transcript signatory.
- Establish quality and quantity standards, setting work priorities, assigning and monitoring staff workloads, planning and monitoring budgets.
- Post-secondary education in the area of education, management or public administration; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of two years as Registrar, 5 years as Associate Registrar, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstration of 5-7 years progressive senior leadership within a post-secondary environment.
- Exemplary communication, interpersonal and public relationships skills.
- Adaptive and flexible problem-solver with the ability to thrive through times of change and build strong relationships across operational units.
- Experience with planning, budgeting, and human resource management.
- Able to formulate annual operational and business plans that have a clear service orientation and contribute to the institution’s strategic direction.
- Experience working with Colleague, Recruiter or other post-secondary ERP and SEM planning and development systems.
Quote Job Reference: 2049263006